Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kelsam Tabletop
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Our hardcover book came today and OMG it is nice

First of all, the cover is... almost soft. We don't know what it's made of, but it's excellent. It has embossed logos, decals, etc. Just really, really nice. Right inside, it is signed and numbered! After that you have full developers' notes from Christian (Foreword actually), Corey, and Dane; similar to the designer's notes in the back of the TI3 rulebook (in terms of length and content and such, they're really awesome). They even have lots of pictures and stuff with them It may be a little unimportant to some, but we think these are really awesome! After the rules and Lore Compendium, they've put each of the factions' lore in a full 2-page spread with huge artwork. Really, really nice.

Being that we mentioned the lack of designer's notes in "Our Thoughts", we've updated that section of the website as well heh

It is titled "Deluxe Rulebook", and it deserves every syllable

What did you guys think of the book? We were obviously very impressed!

- Kelsam Tabletop
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bonneau
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is coming tomorrow and after reading this I really can't wait to see it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassill
Australia
Canberra
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the hardcover book separate to the game?

For instance, would a copy that gets a hardcover book also receive the standard learn to play, rules reference and lore compendium (i.e. paper books) in the box? Or do you just receive the hardcover book?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You get both, the full set of paper copies and the hard bound bonus for pre-ordering.

What about the prints? Are they amazing or just meh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelsam wrote:
Our hardcover book came today and OMG it is nice

Great! You have your copy and mine has not even shipped yet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsam Tabletop
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
dradice wrote:
...would a copy that gets a hardcover book also receive the standard...

Yes. We got our copy of the game a couple months ago via a GenCon attendee, but FFG has said that all copies come with the standard paper copies as well, even if you get the pre-order promos.

jeffwagner wrote:
What about the prints? Are they amazing or just meh?

The prints are nice. They're shipped in rolls, as you would expect, and printed to thick cardstock. So, unless you frame them, you'll have a tough time displaying them as they hold their "roll" pretty tight by themselves. This is standard, they're not posters after all.

jeffwagner wrote:
Great! You have your copy and mine has not even shipped yet!

Sorry to hear that :/ If it makes you feel any better, we redeemed our code to get the pre-order materials probably less than an hour after their website was accepting the promo codes. Also, our signed/numbered book had a real, real low number out of the 1600 that sold out. So, I assume that means it was one of the first several to ship out.

- Sam, Kelsam Tabletop
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Couch
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's here! It's here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It is quite nice. In hindsight I'm not sure if it was worth the extra price, as it was much thinner than I expected somehow, but alas, here I am!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Couch
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally worth it. Such a great night opening the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bonneau
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The book is gorgeous! And I love all of the extra material in there! I really liked getting to look at all of the changes over the years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sucks for people who preordered from their FLGS. Retail shops are only getting 50% of their preorders with hardcover books. Luckily I'm friends with the owner of my city's game store. Cronyism wins again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
Sucks for people who preordered from their FLGS. Retail shops are only getting 50% of their preorders with hardcover books. Luckily I'm friends with the owner of my city's game store. Cronyism wins again.

My FLGS only had 2 pre-orders and they have two shops. So they got one for each shop and our pre-orders. Worked out well. Wish all the shops get one for one pre-orders though.

Apparently if a shop ordered 20 they got a mat. Didn't seem like there was any way to buy that separately. I would gladly shell out $50 for a nice TI4 mat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The deluxe rulebook is by no means a necessity to enjoy TI4, but it was worth the extra price for pre-ordering from FFG. For those players who didn't have a chance to get one, I hop that FFG will make other copies available in the future (although they won't be numbered/signed by CTP). They did this with the Worlds of Android hardcover for Netrunner, and it shipped with some art prints. The standard hardcover was issued sometime later.

Still looking forward to the future Twilight Imperium sourcebook, which was the original basis for the Genesys RPG format.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine comes today!!!

But alas, I have to wait until I get home from work! (I almost considered working from home today, though!!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Mine as well. Says by end of day, which if past experience is an indicator of future performance (I know the stock disclaimer says it is not) it will be like 6 or 7 before UPS arrives with it.

So, I do not have to worry about "sneaking" out early to ge my hands on the hardbound book.

Now, anybody in the Evansville area that would like to get together for a game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I work from home, UPS comes at like 8pm. When I don't work from home, they come at 10am. (Or at least it always seems that way).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony L.
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
If I work from home, UPS comes at like 8pm. When I don't work from home, they come at 10am. (Or at least it always seems that way).

I've got delivery notifications set up, so I already know it's sitting at home waiting for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
msg tools
Tomorrow, or friday, is when I get my hands on the game and book and Im so eager it hurts
It feels like im a child again and its christmas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Grant
United States
Santa Clarita
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Echo35 wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:

I've got delivery notifications set up, so I already know it's sitting at home waiting for me.

What's your address? You know, for reasons...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a picture of his location:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Grant
United States
Santa Clarita
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
I got a picture of his location:

I'll swing by just to make sure no suspicious characters are hanging around near the package.

On second thought, it might be best if I just grab it. To keep it safe and out of the hands of any local ne'er-do-wells. I'm a good guy like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Mine is at the house, need to find an excuse to leave early.

Jatta, I am at 124 Fake Street, just across the road, if you could get mine to keep it safe . . . thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwagner wrote:

Mine is at the house, need to find an excuse to leave early.

I am oh-so-tempted to do this when I get my notification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
So is no one going to post a few pics of the book? Nothing up-close - just enough so we can get an impression.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bonneau
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
So is no one going to post a few pics of the book? Nothing up-close - just enough so we can get an impression.

If no one has by the time I get home tonight I will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.