7 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » Rules

Subject: Catching your Breath rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kaji
Canada
flag msg tools
One question I have about catching your breath is this. The players get the recover d6 health/sanity or 1 grit IF they did not activate during the last round of the fight OR if they did not get to activate once during the whole fight? This wasn't exactly clear in the rulebook.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Just the last round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Vening
Australia
flag msg tools
Mr Skeletor wrote:
Just the last round.

Yup. It's supposed to balance out the fact that a player would act late in a round gets some benefit for missing an action.

Personally, I'm considering allowing a regular move (d6 including modifiers and special rules) instead of the regular rewards if you choose, on the condition you can't trip a new room. Usually only wanted if you're already fine on health/sanity and already at Max Grit, but sometimes a slower character needs it to stop falling too far behind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Morgan Vening wrote:
Personally, I'm considering allowing a regular move (d6 including modifiers and special rules) instead of the regular rewards if you choose, on the condition you can't trip a new room. Usually only wanted if you're already fine on health/sanity and already at Max Grit, but sometimes a slower character needs it to stop falling too far behind.

Oh, I like that. I might implement it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Boone
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Morgan Vening wrote:

My group has been toying with the same idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Allen
United States
California
flag msg tools
Totally should be allowed to trip a new room (at the risk of being shot by the other players).

Good idea though, I'm going to steal it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Vening
Australia
flag msg tools
Grauenwolf wrote:
Totally should be allowed to trip a new room (at the risk of being shot by the other players).

Good idea though, I'm going to steal it.

I guess as long as you allow players with a lower Init to still get their CYB, then I guess it's OK. I was mostly concerned about (for example), the highest Init finishing a room, and then the second highest (who usually gets to act in most fights) screwing it up for the people below them, as a new fight resets the round.

As long as those below the "trigerring" player don't get hosed, it's all good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.