Subject: A strange opening... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott D
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my current game of HIS, the Protestants failed at Reformation in all three of Leipzig, Magdeburg, and Brandenburg during the 95 Theses Phase, meaning they had no choice but to attempt Breslau and Prague (amazingly, they were successful there). Anyone had that happen before?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Hall
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not in a game I have seen.
Pretty unlikely

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've actually seen Prots get nothing on 95 Theses multiple times. It's not as bad as you might think, since such a failure virtually ensures that no one will bother them for a while.

That being said, it's still bad luck, and it's better to get an electorate to start off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MD1616 wrote:
I've actually seen Prots get nothing on 95 Theses multiple times. It's not as bad as you might think, since such a failure virtually ensures that no one will bother them for a while.

That being said, it's still bad luck, and it's better to get an electorate to start off.

This is a good point. Timing and diplomacy are all in this game for me. A power that gets off to a great start is likely to feel attention (and armies / malignant card plays) turned its way sooner rather than later.

As the Prots I'd rather have a slow first turn, plead for sympathy (while highlighting how well the Pope is doing), and quietly get my game in gear ready for the Schmalkaldic League on turn 4 and the English Reformation thereafter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.