Ryan Byrd
United States
Griffin
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting game. I like the mechanics. I am coming back to it after a long time, when I tried it and did not get it quite then. I have read the rules a few times but have some questions.

1. If I draw Quest card Nesmouth, it has me make a roll, then I can make a choice (at level 1) for another quest card only. But, that choice shows a number "1". I understand that this means draw 1 combat card. Let's suppose I win and the Win card directs me to draw an Event card. Does this mean I do not get to choose a quest card as the choice on Nesmouth directed? Basically, how do I get to make the choice of next card on the quest card if I get rerouted due to combat?

2. The rules describe combat as drawing a number of servants when I draw a combat card. What is that exactly? Are combat cards servants? If I have a "2" on my choice from a quest card, does this mean I draw 2 combat cards and resolve them in order (but only take the reward from the last card if I win, otherwise, take the loss card)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi thanks for writing. Sorry for the delay in answering...

1. Resolve the combat first - just to the point of the combat outcome. The resolve the reward. then back to the combat outcome. I realize this causes a fork of multiple paths but in general always resolve the action on the card to take you to the next card, pause, then resolve any reward.

2. Combat: When you draw a combat card, draw the number of Servants as indicated by the combat icon on the card currently ‘in play’ and place a marker on the leftmost strength number at the bottom of each Servant card.

The Combat card sets up the scenario, then draw Servant(s) to see who you are combatting.

In your example the 2 means, draw a combat card and look on that card. If it says 2 then you draw 2 servants to combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.