Terra Mystica» Forums » General

Subject: Terra mystica story - lore rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Atari 2600
United States
California
flag msg tools
Is there any terra mystica story or lore about the factions or the Terra mystica world? Still don't get what exactly is going on during the game or why are the factions fighting.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack
Poland
Warsaw
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
What a lovely day!
badge
Santa Paws
mbmbmbmbmb
Atrusni wrote:
Is there any terra mystica story or lore about the factions or the Terra mystica world? Still don't get what exactly is going on during the game or why are the factions fighting.

Thanks

I'm not sure if there is any official story or lore except for what you find in the rulebook. I wouldn't expect to much storytelling from the Euro game even though the world and factions seem to have narrative potential.

On the other hand the factions aren't really "fighting" in this game. Mechaics-wise they even draw power from neighboring each other so it's rather race between powers to get hold of as much terrain as they can (each faction for their own reasons I guess)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
Once upon a time, somebody started to write a story about a TM game, from the perspective of a character in one of the factions. Maybe somebody saved the link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RoyalRook
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Witches are sociable Aurens who learned how to fly;
Swarmings mate with mermaids;
Giants are actually halflings who made a deal with the chaos magicians...and they are not happy about it.

Let's make some lore, hi guys I am new to the game, learning. Recommend me some guides or post either here or through message. I start to get hooked, no expansion, yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Harris
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I was just thinking the other day, after Hollywood is done making the Settlers of Catan movie, they could do worse than move on to Terra Mystica :-)

RoyalRook, check out these links, amazing resources created by TM fans. Enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1casWMgUw7TQ9cxdO61xjITxe...
http://lodev.org/tmai/
https://terra.snellman.net/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
fruityharris wrote:
RoyalRook, check out these links, amazing resources created by TM fans. Enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1casWMgUw7TQ9cxdO61xjITxe...

FYI, some of the basic openings for each faction are outdated, especially the Nomads and Alchemists. Auren is looking the same way (end with TE 1st+3D, SH in R3+).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atari 2600
United States
California
flag msg tools
Cool backgrounds!

What is going on during the game tough? They are trying to see which one is the ruling civilization of that piece of land ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RoyalRook
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Atrusni wrote:
Cool backgrounds!

What is going on during the game tough? They are trying to see which one is the ruling civilization of that piece of land ?

Hear, hear! It's the campaign season for Mystica. A battle of red states and blue states with a hint of purple goes round and round(Merica, baby!). Or shall we say, Terra Merica. You want money, you want infrastructures, but in order to win, you got to have the votes. That's why the Darklings always win: they got both the union workers and the born agains. Yet, in the spirit of progress, social justice and for the pursuit of happiness, it's the rights of both the giants and fakirs that we are fighting for each and every turn. Vote for the halflings! For the hard working Mericans in each everyone of you. Let's make Merica great again! Project Merica!

This message is paid by and sponsored by letsmakemorelores LLC, may not endorsed officially by BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
royalrook2013 wrote:
Atrusni wrote:
Cool backgrounds!

Hear, hear! It's the campaign season for Mystica. A battle of red states and blue states with a hint of purple goes round and round(Merica, baby!). Or shall we say, Terra Merica. You want money, you want infrastructures, but in order to win, you got to have the votes. That's why the Darklings always win: they got both the union workers and the born agains. Yet, in the spirit of progress, social justice and for the pursuit of happiness, it's the rights of both the giants and fakirs that we are fighting for each and every turn. Vote for the halflings! For the hard working Mericans in each everyone of you. Let's make Merica great again! Project Merica!

This message is paid by and sponsored by letsmakemorelores LLC, may not endorsed officially by BGG.

Don't forget Terra Meuropa! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.