Alexander Chazot
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I received my Kickstarter copy today.

Just wondered if anyone else had some bent spears/banners on the Leader minis? And, if so, any suggestions on the best method to straighten them out without damaging the details on the minis? I'm not particularly knowledgeable on plastics.

Thanks

Alex

Note: Is it right that the Saxon Navy tokens are red with a gold ship on them? They look quite different to the picture on the campaign page. Was this to help them stand out against the Viking ship tokens in the Viking Age Expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
oooh that tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Most mis-shapen soft plastic miniatures can be fixed by:

1. drop miniature into a mug of boiling water (from a kettle)
2. remove after 20 seconds using a suitable implement (spoon, tongs etc.)
3. reshape the plastic
4. drop miniature into mug of cold water (from the cold tap or fridge)
5. Use water from (1) to make a nice cup of tea

You may need to repeat step (1) to (4) if it's not fixed on first attempt

edited for safety reasons
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
jellynut wrote:
Most mis-shapen soft plastic miniatures can be fixed by:

1. drop miniature into a mug of boiling water (from a kettle)
2. remove after 20 seconds using a suitable implement (spoon, tongs etc.)
3. reshape the plastic
4. drop miniature into mug of cold water (from the cold tap or fridge)
5. Use water from (1) to make a nice cup of tea

You may need to repeat step (1) to (4) if it's not fixed on first attempt

edited for safety reasons

I second this method.

Depending on the thickness of the plastic, hot water from the tap may be sufficient.

I also find it helps to hold the mini in the desired position with both hands while putting the mini into the cold water, so I prefer running cold tap water for step 4, or a mixing bowl with ice and water.

This method also works if you want to make some subtle changes to the pose of a model to give your model its own flair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pereira
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also use a hairdryer. For the banners and spears works well. It was like this that I fixed the miniatures from Hold the Line: The American Revolution

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Note: Is it right that the Saxon Navy tokens are red with a gold ship on them? They look quite different to the picture on the campaign page. Was this to help them stand out against the Viking ship tokens in the Viking Age Expansion?

That's a pretty good guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.