Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Griffin
United States
Thibodaux
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just beginning to learn the COIN system and while continuing the game after the tutorial I had this thought occur to me. I always seem to forget about Howe's ability but while taking a Command and SA for the British I remembered it. So I used Howe's SA and reduced FNI by one but was sort of stuck for a choice on the actual SA. I eventually used Skirmish but what I had really wanted to do was use Naval pressure to drop the FNI even further to 1, the French were everywhere, but i did not know if that was legal. So my question while performing a Command and SA where Howe is the commander is it legal to use his special ability and then use naval pressure after?

Thanks for the response!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It is legal, yes. What makes you think it might not be?

Regards,
Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff H
United States
South Lyon
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only learned COIN myself within the last year. Not sure it will help you or not, and maybe obvious, but I found the best way was just follow what the rules say literally and not look for rules that are not there, make assumptions, etc. The more literal ("one word" can make all the difference for a rule) I followed the rules, the better it went. The BOT's are worse for interpretation especially if you think too much about what the rules say. But they are a bigger headache to tackle....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Griffin
United States
Thibodaux
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it was just bleed through from other games that I play where you can only take one of an action. I thought it was a legal move but was not 100 percent sure. That is good to know. Thanks!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Griffin
United States
Thibodaux
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the advice! I have been through the tutorial a few times and then ran a scenario as all factions. I was planning to work with the bots this weekend. It will be first attempt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhdeerslayer wrote:
I only learned COIN myself within the last year. Not sure it will help you or not, and maybe obvious, but I found the best way was just follow what the rules say literally and not look for rules that are not there, make assumptions, etc. The more literal ("one word" can make all the difference for a rule) I followed the rules, the better it went. The BOT's are worse for interpretation especially if you think too much about what the rules say. But they are a bigger headache to tackle....

Boy, isn't that the truth? I have played a couple of games of LoD (so, still a n00b) and am trying to wrap my head around the bots. I am having little luck thus far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.