Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know there is a site for the Arkham Horror premium figures. Not all of them match up perfectly...

I guess I wonder if there is a good way to tell all the investigators apart from one another.

Right now Im thinking I could just initial the bottoms of the minis with permanent marker.

At some point I would like to try my hand at painting all of the minis, so this way wouldnt prevent me from doing that.

It is just a giant hassle trying to figure out which mini is correct when Im setting a game up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Blumhardt
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
I know there is a site for the Arkham Horror premium figures. Not all of them match up perfectly...

I guess I wonder if there is a good way to tell all the investigators apart from one another.

Right now Im thinking I could just initial the bottoms of the minis with permanent marker.

At some point I would like to try my hand at painting all of the minis, so this way wouldnt prevent me from doing that.

It is just a giant hassle trying to figure out which mini is correct when Im setting a game up.

Marking the bottom should work okay, but painting them is absolutely the best solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WarpedLord wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:

Marking the bottom should work okay, but painting them is absolutely the best solution.

Yeah, thats not really a viable solution for quite some time, though. The painting, I mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even just marking the bottom.

I have every bit of content for the game... when I sit down to mark the bottoms, how do I go about figuring out which investigator mini is which?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Comparing the minis to the investigator pictures usually gets you close enough to figuring out who is who. Any that are unclear can probably be figured out by the end through process of elimination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The hardest ones are the spectacled women holding books or guns, or books and guns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Montgomery
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I used small round labels with the investigator's initials under the bases and that seems to work well instead of marking them with a marker since I can remove the labels after they get painted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Martin
United States
Reynoldsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used a label maker and stuck them to the underside of the bases.

Some day I'll paint them too, but even then there are a LOT of investigators and some of them (particularly Amanda Sharpe and Minh Thi Phan) are very similar looking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Downie
United Kingdom
Wirral
Merseyside
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just took pictures of them all and printed out a sheet with their images and names underneath.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc gauthier
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used these https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/143418/sticker-heads
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote their initials underneath the base in sharpie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vander Dlonk
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Mine are in the original boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Pow
United States
Catonsville
Maryland
flag msg tools
How about now?
badge
Looking for my next game
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
Even just marking the bottom.

I have every bit of content for the game... when I sit down to mark the bottoms, how do I go about figuring out which investigator mini is which?

Ugh, this. I still can't figure out who some of these figures are versus who the others are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to help:

Base Game:
Back row: Father Matteo, Agatha Crane
Middle row: Preston Fairmont
Front Row: William Yorick, Rita Young, Minh Thi Phan, Wendy Adams, Carson Sinclair

Suppressed Memories:
Going clockwise, starting from the frontmost investigator:
Carolyn Fern, Darrell Simmons, Vincent Lee, Mandy Thompson,
Bob Jenkins, Monterey Jack, Dexter Drake, Amanda Sharpe

Recurring Nightmares:
Going clockwise, starting from the leftmost investigator:
Joe Diamond, Harvey Walters, Gloria Goldberg, Kate Winthrop,
Ashcan Pete, Jenny Barnes, Michael McGlen, Sister Mary (center)

Beyond the Threshold:
Akachi Onyele, Wilson Richards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.