Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I just purchased a Like new copy of Churchill, and am attempting to play it. And the previous user had all the faction pieces in the same ziplock bag - one for UK, US, and USSR.

And I found it difficult to set up the game that way as I was constantly searching in each bag for the different pieces.

Could this be a game were it's NOT intuitive to put all the same faction pieces together, and instead sort them into like-size pieces?

What are your solutions for storage? (And while those beautiful 3D printed trays are nice - that's not an option for me.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I separate the colors; one baggie for Stalin (burn in Hell, you deformed troll), one for Churchil and one for Roosevelt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have baggies for now for all the like color/player specific pieces and dice. All red in one, all blue in another, etc.
I have a small plano bin for all the other markers and counters like topics, nations, global pawns, conference wins, nazi scientists, etc.
I have found that it works ok, but have thought to get some other small plano containers for each country, if they will fit in the box.
At the very least with each color/player separated, I think it is a good idea to keep a smaller baggie inside the larger baggie to keep the Theater Leadership markers separate, as these are sometimes hard to distinquish from the political influence markers.
I've also sleeve all cards as they do tend to get a lot of play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmbmbmb
redblackmonkey wrote:

I've also sleeve all cards as they do tend to get a lot of play.

Yes, I made the mistake of using FFG sleeves for one of my games. And now I can't use anything else!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 4 of these mini 8 compartment boxes from the Container Store, 1 for each player's pieces and 1 for all the conference and military markers. They stack 2 x 2 under the middle insert piece.

I have the cards sleeved and I made some tuckboxes on this website, one for each player's deck and one for the conference deck. They go in the side pockets of the box insert.

It all fits nicely. I didn't have to toss the insert or anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OOoh that's nice. I like that. I hate tossing the insert - especially when it's nice with pictures on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LeroyJS wrote:
I have 4 of these mini 8 compartment boxes from the Container Store, 1 for each player's pieces and 1 for all the conference and military markers. They stack 2 x 2 under the middle insert piece.

I have the cards sleeved and I made some tuckboxes on this website, one for each player's deck and one for the conference deck. They go in the side pockets of the box insert.

Thanks for the links, these look perfect! I am also assuming that they will work well for Triumph and Tragedy(another GMT game that has roughly the same box and insert, at least very similar)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
redblackmonkey wrote:
LeroyJS wrote:

Thanks for the links, these look perfect! I am also assuming that they will work well for Triumph and Tragedy(another GMT game that has roughly the same box and insert, at least very similar)

And even better, they a have a local store, no shipping, yeah!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
2018 - The Year of the Miniatures
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to suggest you store it at my place Kris. I would have it setup for you in advance whenever you wanted to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Baumgartner
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now I have it bagged with Conference Table pieces (issues, Global Issue pawns, leader blocks), War Board pieces (Front markers, A-bomb pawns, Axis reserves, Naval and Offensive Support markers, and Theater Leadership markers) and then each player has a bag with cards/CN tokens/PA tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrcoolranch wrote:
I was going to suggest you store it at my place Kris. I would have it setup for you in advance whenever you wanted to play.

That would be awesome! I would even have someone to play it with. You can come on over and pick it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
redblackmonkey wrote:
LeroyJS wrote:

They would probably be too small for more than just a handful of the blocks but they would be fine for the diplomacy markers and some of the data track blocks/chits (it's been a while since I've played T&T...can't remember what's all in there).

They do fit all of the leader and front blocks for Churchill though.

I also use them for Twilight Struggle, Wir sind das Volk!, and I'm in the process of organizing the new edition of Here I Stand, so that I can hand each power one of these with all their force pools and power card markers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a followup, I purchased two of those smaller bins you can find in Dollar stores, which that the moment seem to hold most of the chits. (like this one I bought for Nemo's War:
)

I have the Offensive and Naval support markers is two film canisters. The Secret Agendas I've kept in a baggie as playing solo I'll probably never use them. And I've sleeved all the cards.

Now. I haven't actually packed everything up yet and attempted to stick in in the box, but that's how I've got it SO FAR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lhowser wrote:
I have the Offensive and Naval support markers is two film canisters.

What's a film cannister?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LeroyJS wrote:
Lhowser wrote:
I have the Offensive and Naval support markers is two film canisters.

What's a film cannister?

It's something I found on my shelf next to the 45rpm adapter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.