BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » The Village Square

Subject: 2018 BGG Werewolf Redux Series rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
We're doing another redux series! This time, it's a game a year from 2005-2016.

Tentative Schedule

January- 2005- Lord of the Rings, modded by Melsana (Original Game Thread, Redux Game Thread)

February- 2006- Elftown, modded by ljtrigirl and TFang (Original Game Thread, Redux Game Thread)

March- 2007- Memento, modded by Beowulf (Original Game Thread, Redux Game Thread)

April- 2008- Children of Hurin, modded by Avin (Original Game Thread, Redux Game Thread)

May- 2009- Clue, modded by Royal/Lemon/LJ (Original Game Thread, Redux Game Thread)

June-] 2012- Ghost Town, modded by Javal (Original Game Thread, Redux Game Thread)

July- 2011- Time Paradox, modded by SuperChutney (Original Game Thread, Redux Game Thread)

August- 2010- Twilight Zone, modded by sydwys8 (Redux Game Thread) [DO NOT READ ORIGINAL]

September- 2013- Arcane, modded by BlackSheep [DO NOT READ ORIGINAL]

October- 2014- Write Somebody Else's Role Two, modded by twomillionbucks (Original Game Thread, Redux Game Thread)

November- 2015- Tentatively maximumsaximum and The_Rorab

December- 2016- A Christmas Carol, modded by Smugvid (Original Game Thread, Redux Game Thread)

No plans yet
Confirmed with Moderator
In Signup
Already Run
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to take one from 2013 or 2014. (I think 2013 is when I started.)

I'll go dig through my favorites from that time and see what will be good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been contemplating a redux of Arcane (2013) but it would only work with people who didn't play in and haven't read the original. Wonder if it's been long enough that I could get seventeen new players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
I've been contemplating a redux of Arcane (2013) but it would only work with people who didn't play in and haven't read the original. Wonder if it's been long enough that I could get seventeen new players.
Before my time! I don't know anything about it, so I'm definitely in. I think you could do it easily.

(I was considering hitting you up to see what the thoughts were on making Vostok an open set. The dead chat isn't around anymore.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I remember some discussion from the Vostok deadchat about modding the game to run with the mechanics open instead of hidden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the rule set for the Lord of the Rings Series I that LJ linked to up there seems to be MIA.

But there are 4 other LOR themed games that year to pick from. (Series V was hidden rules so I can't recreate it) So I'm setting up a poll to see which version people are most interested in trying again.

Werewolf: The Lord of the Rings -- Accepting Alternates-- Starts June 20 -- Roles given Sunday, Game starts monday Morning by Ptper
Werewolf: Lord of the Rings Part II - Player Roster Set, Accepting Alternates by Kimapesan
Werewolf: Lord of the Rings Part III - Helm's Deep - Starts August 18th by Kimapesan
Werewolf: The Lord of the Rings Part IV - The War of the Ring *SIGN UP HERE - 20 in, more may join if interested!* by Kimapesan

Poll
Which version of the LOR would you like to play?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
The Lord of the Rings by Ptper
0.0% 0
Lord of the Rings Part II by Kimapesan
28.6% 2
Lord of the Rings Part III - Helm's Deep by Kimapesan
71.4% 5
Lord of the Rings Part IV - The War of the Ring by Kimapesan
28.6% 2
Voters 7
This poll is now closed.   7 answers
Poll created by Melsana
Closes: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:00 am

You have until this Friday to vote. At that time I'll pick the most popular role set and start a sign up thread on Monday. If there is a tie, then I'll pick which of the two I like the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would consider re-running one of my previous games.

Indiana Jones (2007) probably.

Tombstone (2011)
Operation Hintre (2012)

would be the other possibles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
BlackSheep wrote:
Before my time! I don't know anything about it, so I'm definitely in. I think you could do it easily.

(I was considering hitting you up to see what the thoughts were on making Vostok an open set. The dead chat isn't around anymore.)

If you guys are ok with it, I'm going to pencil you in for 2013 (sheep) and 2014 (Lemon)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, pencil me in. In case anyone missed it:

If you want to play in the Arcane redux, do not read the original.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
Elftown also needs a "Do not read original" warning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:
BlackSheep wrote:

If you guys are ok with it, I'm going to pencil you in for 2013 (sheep) and 2014 (Lemon)?
Sounds good.

I choose to redux "A Good Old Fashioned 35er".

Edit: Nothing sticks out to me as super interesting on a quick skim of 2014. (Trying to avoid too many "do not read if you want to play".) I might poke around and see if anything looks fun in the unclaimed earlier years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxie
msg tools
Call me/Beep me if you gotta reach me.
badge
The enemy's gate is down.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I put a tentative hold on 2016? If someone has a game they really want to do they should take it but if not I'd like to do it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Positivity is fucking rad
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in participating in this - I'd lean towards 2015/16 as that's my era so to speak though heh =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love a 2014 redux of Gargoyles if demo is interested in running it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
I could redux a tweaked version of We Could Be Heroes - 2015
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxie
msg tools
Call me/Beep me if you gotta reach me.
badge
The enemy's gate is down.
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
I'd be interested in participating in this - I'd lean towards 2015/16 as that's my era so to speak though heh =)

if you'd want to, id be so in to co-mod 2016!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
YES

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
RoyalApe wrote:
YES

Put it down as tentative, I'm willing to relinquish it to better options if they come up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two of my favorite WW games out of my 300 are

Star Wars: Clone Wars, 2007 and Missionary Zombie Wolves, 2013.

And not just because of my personal experience in them but because I found them interesting and fun with cool mechanics. The Clone Wars recruitment mechanic was really interesting. And in MZW the map and movement was fun, but I love how the item and item priority worked.

I would love for anyone new to experience the fun of these games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
I have famously huge turds!
badge
I have famously huge turds!
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:

And not just because of my personal experience in them but because I found them interesting and fun with cool mechanics. The Clone Wars recruitment mechanic was really interesting. And in MZW the map and movement was fun, but I love how the item and item priority worked.

I would love to play anything Star Wars themed. It's got my vote!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
nolemonplease wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:
BlackSheep wrote:

Sounds good.

I choose to redux "A Good Old Fashioned 35er".

Edit: Nothing sticks out to me as super interesting on a quick skim of 2014. (Trying to avoid too many "do not read if you want to play".) I might poke around and see if anything looks fun in the unclaimed earlier years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
dbmurph22 wrote:

Can't speak to those two, but I know that I had an incredible amount of fun just re-reading Die Hard. Can't imagine the fun that went into playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
RoyalApe wrote:

Clue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:
dbmurph22 wrote:

Can't speak to those two, but I know that I had an incredible amount of fun just re-reading Die Hard. Can't imagine the fun that went into playing it.

Thanks Ron. I assume you are speaking of the original RPish one that went forever and not the redone more WW oriented one?

Speaking of the second, less epic one, I remember using the "buy powers before game" mechanic. I really like the idea of customized setup by a team after role distrib and before game start. Starcraft the Game did this as well and I really liked it. I think some other games have done that to some degree and would like to see more of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!