Maxie
msg tools
Call me/Beep me if you gotta reach me.
badge
The enemy's gate is down.
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
maximumsaximum wrote:
Rorab and I are in the process of selecting a 2016 game but we would love to be locked in as co-mods for December!
Any chance yall would be willing to do 2015 instead? Smug is already down for 2016 with A Christmas Carol.
was that a game this year?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxie
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maximumsaximum wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
maximumsaximum wrote:
Rorab and I are in the process of selecting a 2016 game but we would love to be locked in as co-mods for December!
Any chance yall would be willing to do 2015 instead? Smug is already down for 2016 with A Christmas Carol.
we both thought he was 2015

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
maximumsaximum wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
maximumsaximum wrote:
No, that was last year (2016).

This year is 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxie
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
maximumsaximum wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
maximumsaximum wrote:

This year is 2017.
yup just realized that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maximumsaximum wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
maximumsaximum wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
maximumsaximum wrote:

This year is 2017.
yup just realized that.
whistle

There were some awesome games in 2015 though! Let me know if yall want any suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxie
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
maximumsaximum wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
maximumsaximum wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
maximumsaximum wrote:

This year is 2017.
yup just realized that.
whistle

There were some awesome games in 2015 though! Let me know if yall want any suggestions.
waiting to hear back from him, but I'll go with a tentative put us down! we'll look and maybe request suggestions if we're having trouble
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! That means that we at least tentatively have someone for every month/year. If you aren't modding a game and want to, I know of at least one mod that I think is looking for a co-mod, so feel free to shoot me a GM if you're interested.

Likewise, if you're modding and interested in having a co-mod, let me know and I can connect you with people that want to help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
linguistfromhell wrote:

2007:
2009 has already been filled, but hey Avin! Do you still have any notes on Betrayal at House on the Hill? Redhawke is forever gone, but if you have access to the background material, that would be cool. I'd run it if you wanted to hand it off. If you wanted to set it up as something independent, that'd be cool too. Physics games are always fun.

2011:
Raid gave me files on his Dune game. That was also 2011.

2012:
Bendor Queen was 2012. Avin would need insight or someone would have to see if dcorrin would be interested, though.
In response to the three items above:

The two games you cite me for (BaHotH and Bendor Queen) I was listed as a co-mod for but in both games I was in a completely auxiliary role to support running mechanical things like special powers, and I wasn't even following the actual game. So I would actually have less idea of what was involved in the game than any of the players who played in it. BaHotH actually predates the Physics system by the way and Redhawke and I were manually tracking locations and such. Before Redhawke lost his memory that is and the game aborted.

With regard to Dune, that's one of the games that I absolutely most regret losing the Cassandra data from it as it's probably one of my favorite games of all time, and feel like it was one of the top gaming accomplishments in my entire life, so even if you don't end up rerunning it I'd still love to have whatever files you have purely for my own nostalgia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
I feared you had been brought on for the functionality aspect, but I had to hope. Lemme go digging for Dune stuff. I'll GM you when I find it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Avin wrote:
With regard to Dune, that's one of the games that I absolutely most regret losing the Cassandra data from it as it's probably one of my favorite games of all time, and feel like it was one of the top gaming accomplishments in my entire life, so even if you don't end up rerunning it I'd still love to have whatever files you have purely for my own nostalgia.
... So even thinking about it made me want to go look up the game and, wait did Raid delete his BGG account and all his contributions? crycrycry

When did this happen? Why!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Avin wrote:
Avin wrote:
... So even thinking about it made me want to go look up the game and, wait did Raid delete his BGG account and all his contributions? crycrycry

Sometime recently. I can't explain why. I think people were talking about it in chit chat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Avin wrote:
Avin wrote:

The Dune game was really great.

Still not my favorite ever. (that would be Bewitched 1 & 2)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got less than two weeks before The first game is scheduled to kick off. I still need 6 more players.

Come sign up.

http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1885779
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Melsana wrote:
I've got less than two weeks before The first game is scheduled to kick off. I still need 6 more players.

Come sign up.

http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1885779
We need 5 more and only a week to get them!

Come play the first Redux series of the year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Just to notify anyone subscribed here as well, but signups for the Children of Húrin, next month's Redux game, is now open:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1887632/signup-children...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll admit I've scratched, clawed and begged for sign ups better in the past, but at any rate, Indiana Jones is a week away. There is 27 more signups needed (10/37 right now).

And 7 games currently running and more planned to start.

It's not going to run.

How do we keep the anniversary flow going?

One possibility is emergency sign up of a smaller game, like Easter Story of Village's Last Stand. We could also do an Anniversar 9er as that was about the time the popular format began to take off (2007).

Another idea that could be done with little work is to slightly re-promote Memento as part of the Anniversary series since Memento the first run was in 2007.

I would vote for Memento. Easy peasy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
dbmurph22 wrote:
I'll admit I've scratched, clawed and begged for sign ups better in the past, but at any rate, Indiana Jones is a week away. There is 27 more signups needed (10/37 right now).

And 7 games currently running and more planned to start.

It's not going to run.

How do we keep the anniversary flow going?

One possibility is emergency sign up of a smaller game, like Easter Story of Village's Last Stand. We could also do an Anniversar 9er as that was about the time the popular format began to take off (2007).

Another idea that could be done with little work is to slightly re-promote Memento as part of the Anniversary series since Memento the first run was in 2007.

I would vote for Memento. Easy peasy.
I actually assumed Memento was the March game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect. That works.

I've deleted the game in Cassy. Beo can label it as "anniv game" or not as he pleases.

Good luck to everyone in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
    Conserve energy:     Play Board Games!
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire. But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great And would suffice.
badge
Shake your business up and pour it. I don't have all day.
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
Perfect. That works.

I've deleted the game in Cassy. Beo can label it as "anniv game" or not as he pleases.

Good luck to everyone in the game.
Yikes! Sorry about that, Murph. My intent wasn't to usurp Indy's role as an anniversary game. twomillionbucks GM'ed me almost three years ago asking if he could rerun Memento but I told him that I was still mulling over it. I finally decided that ten years was time enough to get around to rerunning the game. With an anniversary game already scheduled for every month until August or so, I tried to pick a starting date somewhere in between a couple of them.

I can relabel it as an anniversary game before it closes, and thank you for the recommendation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem, I obviously have mixed feelings about not re-running my own game. In some ways relief, and in some ways disappointment and feelings of irrelevance, but from an objective standpoint it worked out really well to have Memento right there for this.

I'm glad that it's running and that it's taking the spot so I don't have to worry about that part of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Too Much Candy
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
A friend in need is a friend indeed
badge
An enemy in need is hilarious
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I'm going to be running potentially two Time Paradox games this year. The one in July will be the official Redux version, and hopefully in a similar vein to the previous ones with some tuning, while one I'm considering later on in the year will be more experimental and more susceptible to collapsing entirely.

So it should be fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
We're also still looking for more signups for the April game that's coming up, Children of Húrin! I'm surprised it's only half full as I was afraid it would fill too quickly when I delayed allowing signups for it until a couple weeks ago, but apparently I was mistaken. But I'm still really excited about the game, and as you might have heard elsewhere, I made some Cassandra UI changes specifically for this game to draw players into the theme. The changes are for this game only, so if you want in on the unique experience, be sure to sign up!

Rules thread: The Children of Húrin REDUX
Cassandra link: http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1887632
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kempe-Cook
United States
BLOOMINGTON
IN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So.... uhhh... my game suddenly is not full, and it was supposed to start tomorrow.

2018 Redux Series 2010 - The Twilight Zone - The Monsters are Due on Maple Street - Pacifict Village wins!
Cassandra link: http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1987727

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Posting to remind myself to put this in signup.

The last week or two have been disruptive and things aren't settled yet, but the redux should still be happening. Just a matter of motivating myself to do things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcane Redux is in signup.

Game thread
Cassie page

Note that I've had to shift the startup slightly, to late August running into early September, as it's possible I'll be starting a new job on September 10th.

Reminder: do not read the original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   |