Subject: For Italians, the Apocalypse rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/11/14/564050540...

Not since 1958, has the World Cup lacked the Italians. A crushing blow to them, and their fans.

The Netherlands (The Orange), the U.S., Chile, and Cameroon will also be sitting at home.

OK, nothing to do with RSP, although it can qualify, since Italians take soccer (especially at the national level) as religion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Montero
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I'll take Manhattan in a garbage bag. With Latin written on it that says "It's hard to give a shit these days"
mbmbmbmbmb
Come on, they don't take it as a religion: They take it far more seriously than that. Pirlo's retirement from international competition was worse for them than the death of a pope, because they can't just elect a new Pirlo.

Now, you can tell which countries are going to get better and worse in full competition by looking at the results in youth football. You could see Spain going up the ranks for a decade: Eventually the kids would grow up and crush it. You can even see the gaps when teams just get worse for a bit, and will come back strong (see, Spain's golden generation retiring), and where there's huge gaps (Italy).

Now, what this tells us is that Europeans are going to get worse at soccer across the board, as kids realize that if they are not the very best at it, they are better off studying more. Not necessarily surprising.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
It also means Sweden are back in for the first time since 2006.
Yay Swedes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the subject and thought for a horrible moment that tits had been outlawed. Phew!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
It also means Sweden are back in for the first time since 2006.
Yay Swedes.

only as long as they don't travel there on bikes after midnight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sbszine wrote:
I read the subject and thought for a horrible moment that tits had been outlawed. Phew!

Tits ??!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They deserved nothing less.

I plan on taking a trip to Italy to see all the stars working at the local Ikea.

I'm going to have Bufon sell me a futon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
Xahendir wrote:
sbszine wrote:

Tits ??!!

For Italians, the Apocalypse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/11/14/564050540...

Not since 1958, has the World Cup lacked the Italians. A crushing blow to them, and their fans.

The Netherlands (The Orange), the U.S., Chile, and Cameroon will also be sitting at home.

OK, nothing to do with RSP, although it can qualify, since Italians take soccer (especially at the national level) as religion.

First we were put in the same qualifying group as France and Holland, and after heroically knocking out the Dutch we were drawn against the spaghettis. This qualifying campaign really was an uphill climb, but it feels great to be back. I feel really happy for my kids that they get to experience Sweden in the World cup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.