Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emad Aziz
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mb
Does anyone know if there will be more expansions? So many more characters from the show have potential to be in this game.

I'm personally disappointed FFG decided to include major characters like Jon Snow and Varys as simply draw cards and not be have their own leader sheets. I'm hoping this will change in the future?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
ironhawkx wrote:
Does anyone know if there will be more expansions? So many more characters from the show have potential to be in this game.

I'm personally disappointed FFG decided to include major characters like Jon Snow and Varys as simply draw cards and not be have their own leader sheets. I'm hoping this will change in the future?

Given how much content is in Cosmic Encounter, I don't see any reason why there won't be more coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty 27
Canada
Grande Prairie
flag msg tools
mb
Honestly I think it mostly depends on the sales of the first expansion.

There are other houses but they just aren't as well known in the TV series that this is based.

I hope they will have more tho!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't heard anything either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
endofturn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
ironhawkx wrote:

Given how much content is in Cosmic Encounter, I don't see any reason why there won't be more coming.

Given how every single comparison I've heard to Cosmic says that Cosmic is better, I am not so sure. It doesn't seem all that popular at all.

Which is a shame because I like it a LOT more than Cosmic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
EntropyGuardian wrote:
Given how every single comparison I've heard to Cosmic says that Cosmic is better, I am not so sure. It doesn't seem all that popular at all.

Which is a shame because I like it a LOT more than Cosmic.

I have seen quite a lot of feedback from people who prefer this game to Cosmic. If people prefer Cosmic it's generally due to theme or variety (which is partially a result of expansions).

Really it seems like the theme is the tiebreaker in many cases, so it's hard to imagine it not doing well. The real question is whether there is enough relevant stuff worth adding still. Any remaining houses would be a bit of a stretch for fans of the series, as mentioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ad best
United Kingdom
hereford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer this over cosmic any day, even without the theme. Powers more interesting, plays quicker, alternate ending stops it out staying its welcome.

Then you add the theme on and the cool moments that happens with various character powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Migruf Sigurdsson
Croatia
flag msg tools
ironhawkx wrote:
major characters like Jon Snow and Varys as simply draw cards and not be have their own leader sheets. I'm hoping this will change in the future?

LoL man, Varys is one of the strongest if not strongest ally card in the game!

And Snow is thematicy correct He knows nothing! But always gets a second chance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.