Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Norris
United States
Blacksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
If you manage to click exactly on my avatar's eye, you will win a special prize! Be careful though, as the penalty for missing it is severe.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking to buy some extra crokinole discs to purchase as extra cars. I was interested in buying some from mayday games, but they have two sizes, regular and mini. The mini version seems to be the correct dimensions, unless I am reading it wrong. ( I am concerned the mini version is the same size as pitchcar mini)

Does anyone have any suggestions for buying extra discs? the official pitchcar ones are $15, and I am uninterested in paying $15.

here is a link to mayday games' selection of crokinole discs
https://www.maydaygames.com/collections/crokinole-discs

Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect you'll get what you pay for. Mayday isn't exactly known for high quality components. Their Agricola components aren't in the same league as Lookout's. Their crokinole components are not in the same league as an actual producer of crokinole boards (like Muzzies). My guess is, if you pay less with mayday, you'll also get less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
mb
I have both sizes of discs from Mayday. The smaller ones are the right diameter for the Pitchcar discs but both are taller than regular Pitchcar discs. The rounding of the edges are not the same either, leaving a harder edge around the top and bottom. Since these are crokinole discs, this makes sense.

If the height and harder edge don't bother you, then the discs will work fine. Pitchcar doesn't have good quality discs either so it's not the component quality I'd be worried about, it's the shape discrepancy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Norris
United States
Blacksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
If you manage to click exactly on my avatar's eye, you will win a special prize! Be careful though, as the penalty for missing it is severe.
mbmbmbmbmb
space monkey mafia wrote:
I have both sizes of discs from Mayday. The smaller ones are the right diameter for the Pitchcar discs but both are taller than regular Pitchcar discs. The rounding of the edges are not the same either, leaving a harder edge around the top and bottom. Since these are crokinole discs, this makes sense.

If the height and harder edge don't bother you, then the discs will work fine. Pitchcar doesn't have good quality discs either so it's not the component quality I'd be worried about, it's the shape discrepancy.

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to hear!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Megan Blank
United States
El Cajon
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Several years ago, I bought 2 extra PitchCar disc sets (when they are $7.99 per set) so I have every combination of disc and sticker. The extra sets came with the car stickers and the clear plastic drawstring bag. They came with extra start/finish stickers as well, which I used to put a start/finish sticker on one of my long tracks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.