Popular Tags: [View All]
David Arlington
United States
Summerdale
AL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So.... after MANY years of trying to get people into Battlecon, I FINALLY found a group that is pumped to play. This was with Devastation. I had to immediately go out and buy Fate and Trials (and I have War Remastered on the way).

Going over the rulebook of Trials (and this same thing is in the Fate rulebook), I noticed something that wasn't mentioned in the Devastation rules.

It says that a fighter's UA that happens at End of Beat (like Marmalee's Concentration counters) happen after all other End of Beat effects. That sentence wasn't in Devastation and was wondering what kind of situation that was applicable to.

We have been playing it that if Marmalee was the Active player, she would get her Concentration Counter back before any of the opponent's End of Beat effects. Just wondering, what, if anything, would change by doing it after all End of Beat effects. (And maybe she's a bad example for this. Maybe some character who was looking at some kind of range that changed or something...)

Anyway, just wondering what that subtle change implies.

Thanks,
Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at Adjenna's Unique Ability - At the end of the beat, petrify opponent if they are adjacent.

If the opponent has "End of Beat: Move # spaces" (like Khadath's Teleport or Kaitlyn's Illimitable), the proper sequence is that first they move and then Adjenna checks for petrification. Changing order based on Active would mess with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Arlington
United States
Summerdale
AL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! It hasn't come up yet but that's the kind of example i was looking for.

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.