Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A good portion of my BGG wishlist are either OOP games or games-in-production, so I'm trying to find some stuff I haven't heard of or considered to add for my secret santa.

I tend to enjoy thematic games with good mechanics - Eclipse and Gloomhaven are my favorite games of all time. I enjoy space themes over fantasy themes, but its a preference not a rule. I enjoy games with good social deduction or bluffing elements. Worker Placement is a mechanic I like a lot, but it's also a mechanic with a lot of really good competition.

I generally do not like games with lots of fiddly rules (the opposite of 'elegant' games if you will). I don't like pick up and deliver, or games where the theme is truly awfully pasted on - meaning either the game is entirely themeless or the game's theme's don't match the mechanics.

Appreciate any good recommendations for something available this Christmas season

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the top-rated items in your collection (many of which I share), I think you need a copy of Kemet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Bolland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Press PLAY
badge
Loooooooooooooooon!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you like cooperative games, I'd suggest Burgle Bros. It's very thematic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Harriman
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't have Torres.

New reprint out, you should add that to your wishlist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lizzie j
New Zealand
flag msg tools
look into my eyes...
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgames-o-matic | Recommends you boardgames based on your past ratings:

A BGGer just made this recommendation tool that gives you recommendations based on your BGG ratings. It has 3 different statistical recommendation lists. You just give feedback by clicking on "great" or "not so good" and it will generate the next list and do so again to get to the third list. Sometimes it recommends something weird but i thought it is a good place to start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nona de Koning
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaia Project might fit your likes. It is a good Euro with a space theme

I see you own and enjoy Not Alone,
in which case I strongly recommend the expansion Not Alone: Exploration. It adds an alternate for each location number so you can mix&match to create a different setup for each game! It also adds a lot of new cards to the two decks.

A great social deduction game you do not have yet and again fits your theme preference is Dark Moon.

For a small game with a space theme and good use of dice I'll recommend Tiny Epic Galaxies.

And as I see you enjoy Dungeon Petz you may also want to look at Dungeon Lords. Not an expansion but a completely different game in the same universe. Like Dungeon Petz it feels more thematic to me than most Euros!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.