Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Wiik
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Nighteyes77 wrote:
I have been playing Operation Battleaxe and Ie Shima for a while now but am realizing I never questioned something about attrition points.

Must you attempt to use all attrition points if possible. Lets say there are two full strength German units defending and we need to apply 10 attrition points. This is an Overrun so I know the attackers can attack again.

Question is, can I flip the lead defending unit and then just retreat both of them leaving attrition points on the table or must both of these units be eliminated with full distribution of attrition points. I have been playing the latter.

That is my understanding & consistent with other Mike Rinella games I have played. You must apply all attrition points if possible. The German units would be eliminated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 11.5:

AP may be taken in any combination, except that the Lead Defending Unit must suffer the first AP and that exact losses must be applied whenever possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.