Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
When moving a stack containing flak, I’m assuming you can’t “hopscotch” and move the flax ahead on its own one space to reduce interdiction for all the units that move past it - it’s considered “in the process of moving” and provides no cover, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the flak would be spent and thus provide no benefit until it is brought back to fresh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you end up needing some flak I'm sure people around here would be happy to give you some!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter B.
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

A FRESH Flak unit only reduces interdiction if OTHER units move through the Area containing the Flak unit.

If a Flak units moves with a stack it does not help against interdiction. Only other fresh Flak units in the Area where the Flak unit moves through can help.

Best,
Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
StarPit wrote:

A FRESH Flak unit only reduces interdiction if OTHER units move through the Area containing the Flak unit.

If a Flak units moves with a stack it does not help against interdiction. Only other fresh Flak units in the Area where the Flak unit moves through can help.

Best,
Peter

What my opponent is doing is moving the flak unit one area forward then moving the rest of the units through it, then moving the flak unit into the destination hex. In his view the flak unit is not spent because it hasn’t finished its movement and not moving because it isn’t travelling with the stack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter B.
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This is not correct.

See 8.4:
"There is a +l drm for each Fresh FLAK unit (not in the process of moving) already in the Area being exited."

Hope I could help.

Best,
Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, the debate is around whether the flak is "not in the process of moving". He moves the flak by itself ahead one area, then stops. Then he moves the rest of the stack across the flak. His view is that the flak is fresh and not moving, and provides the drm. My view is that as it has conducted at least some movement that impulse, it is "in the process of moving".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, never mind, my opponent (my brother as it happens) has conceded the point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter B.
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to hear that this point is clarified now.
As soon as you move a unit an area, the unit is in process of moving.

Have fun playing this wonderful game with your brother!

Best,
Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nels Thompson
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Are we practicing for NBW? Hope we see you there over a game of BKN!

And your interpretation is correct: the flak has to be "pre-positioned", as it were, and not part of the phasing group of units in the current impulse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Davis
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may be correct, but you're wrong for that comment... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.