Subject: How can you "carry" resources? (Spoilers are tagged!) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
I have a permanent event card that has resource symbols like an item, but the island tile has none of the resources listed.

How can I get access to those energy-saving icons!

Do the resource icons on my items count?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Permanent event cards add all of their content to the terrain card or cards they point to. This covers actions, resources and brown icon effects. Treat them as if they were written on the terrain card/s that are pointed to.

So in the resource example, that's another resource that you could use to reduce the cost of crafting a skill card into an item if you are on the right terrain card.

Edit: In the other part, are you asking if the resource icons in the crafting section of an item card count towards crafting other items? They do not. You can totally ignore the craft action once an item has been crafted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
The card is a tile drawn from a event on the main tile.. it is a "permanent event"... one of those things with the arrows, that just sit there until you complete it.

The task on the "permanent event" has a number of resources but there are no resources on the associated island tile.

Spoiler with specifics.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I've investigated a old camp site and drew a tile asking me to build it if I wanted to... there is a heap of icons for resources all reducing he energy witch starts at 10/0.

So I do not want to spend the full energy, but there are no matching resources anywhere on the tile the "permanent event" is pointing to or on the event card itself.... so..

how can those resource icons in the test ever be used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blury Boardgamer
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Without spoilers: You will find out

With spoilers:
There are certain items you can find that can be used as resources. For example, you can find the item "rock", which you can use as the "rock" resource OR you can use it to get a bonus on a "hunt" action (you throw the stone to the animal, I guess)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Politis
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are also advanced skills that would help this situation:

I can't remember the names, but one let's you use the resources of all neighboring tiles. And another reduces the cost of an action to 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dejun King
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Continent Tragic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TragicTheBlathering wrote:
So I do not want to spend the full energy,]

Remember, too, there are other ways to reduce the energy cost of an action. If you have more than one character involved, you can reduce the number of cards drawn in exchange for increasing the number of stars needed to succeed. So, for example, you can change a 10/0 action into a 7/3 action, or a 6/4 (if you are feeling lucky or have an item/card to help in succeeding).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also the basic "Learn By Doing" action card that provides a -3 to cards drawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.