Eldritch Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Foamcore storage solution for all expansions ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cruel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
I recently bought eldritch horror with all available expansions up to date. Now I am searching for a foamcore storage solution for everything up to Cities in Ruin and maybe the next big box expansion. Actually I´m not able to find something which I like and there are not many shared in this forum with a pdf guide. Does anyone have a source or maybe a good foamcore solution and is willing to share his measurements ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Aigner
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can post my pictures and measurements when I have redone my insert because it won't fit any longer as soon I add the next big Expansion

As far as I have planed it will use three big boxes to store all expansions (sleeved) plus my gate and monster holders, but I'm thinking about switching to a bigger chest to have everything stored in one place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Baum
Luxembourg
Grevenmacher
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think as long as FFG shows no sign of stopping providing EH with expansions, any storage solution should be adaptable.

Here's what I did: I took the boxes of the base game and a big expansion. The first box was filled with the boards, rulebooks, character and AO sheets, a bag with regular monsters, a tuckbox for the epics, and a small plastic box with compartments for all the tokens.

The second box was fitted with a rather simple foamcore solution:

--------------------
| | | C |
| | |----|
| | | D |
| A | B |----|
| | | E |
| | |----|
| | | F |
| | |----|
| | | G |
| | |----|
--------------------

A contains all Mythos cards and encounters that are not specific to a particular AO or expansion board. The cards are separated by dividers.
B contains all cards that are specific to an AO or an expansion board, and the adventures. These are in tuckboxes.
C-G are the small cards and gates, placed perpendicular to the large cards in A and B. C is conditions, D is Assets, E is Spells, F is Unique Assets and side board gates, G is Artifacts and the main board gates.

I don't have the measurements, I just measured the box and the cards and went from there.

Note that I'm now approaching the limits of this solution; two large boxes are no longer enough to hold everything.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cruel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
thomasa wrote:
I can post my pictures and measurements when I have redone my insert because it won't fit any longer as soon I add the next big Expansion

As far as I have planed it will use three big boxes to store all expansions (sleeved) plus my gate and monster holders, but I'm thinking about switching to a bigger chest to have everything stored in one place.

That would be awesome. Do you have some pictures of your storage solution ? Would also like to sleeve all cards. Do you know which chest you will use for your next storage plans ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Colombo
Italy
San Giorgio su Legnano
Italia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
only have 2 small expansion and 2 big one and boy is a hell of content, so much cards and token galore, i sleeved all the cards with Arcane Tinmen sleeves and i made a custom foam insert but the space is very limited that I (and everyone that made custom insert probably) was forced to use 2 big Box for the cards/token/stuff and a Small Box (from the small expansion) to fit all the Monster Token. I think that i will need to switch to a 3rd Big Box once all the other expansion will hit my table. This is really madness, but honestly, i do not regret the work done (and the hours, HOURS! involved into making the insert), it is very easy now to pull out the stuff and play, set-up time is drastically dropped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.