Popular Tags: [View All]
Marshall Jansen
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The third day of our gaming extravaganza... Scott and Eric left in the morning so Scott could catch his plane back to San Francisco, but around 3:00 Mike and Kelly came over, bringing along Jamison, who recently moved back to Alabama from Israel. Since we had five people, we decided to jump on 5-player Mare Nostrum.

We randomly drew powers:
Marshall: Rome
Christy: Carthage:
Mike: Greece
Kelly: Babylon
Jamison: Egypt

Mike decided not to buy Pericles, and instead focus on tax. In addition, Jamison purchased caravans during construction, so Greece had a huge jump on tax. Mike was playing purely for the pyramids, and made no illusions to the fact. Due to being so blatant, trading went against him, and Egypt, Carthage, and Rome were building heroes/wonders. Kelly (Babylon) and I (Rome) both smashed Greece in the end-game, preventing the Pyramid win. However, Greece was political leader and could give the game to any of three players. Mike chose to give the first build to Jamison, but Christy and I both could also build our 4th hero/wonder that turn as well. Although Christy and I counted it as a victory, we gave Jamison the option of which game to play next, and he introduced us to Wallenstein.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.