Subject: 'Cannot move down' rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek M
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In reading the other forums I see that the designer's intent is that you can't move down. Does that mean you can never step down to a lower block, even if the end result of the move has you going to a block equal to or higher in height than where you started? Or is it okay to 'temporarily' move down to get to a higher height?

I tend to agree that the current release's rulebook is somewhat confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Eis
Germany
flag msg tools
PM me your type of "Soul Food"!
badge
mhhh...
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you can't move down - never. Like: when you are climbing to reach the top you won't step down to rest and search for another route...

But I can't evaluate if it has a huge impact on the game. If you could step down: are there any other ways to go? I think it doesn't happen that often, that it's worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
webdanzer wrote:
In reading the other forums I see that the designer's intent is that you can't move down. Does that mean you can never step down to a lower block, even if the end result of the move has you going to a block equal to or higher in height than where you started? Or is it okay to 'temporarily' move down to get to a higher height?

I tend to agree that the current release's rulebook is somewhat confusing.

You cannot.

The rulebook is very remiss in not stating this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.