James Peters
msg tools
Hi there,

I'm trying to gather some data on customer preferences (for a school business project) when it comes to board games such as Trivial Pursuit and Monopoly. If you are a board game enthusiast, could you please help me by filling the below survey?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdH93BnPBeckRn_M8XU...

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilbert Kiemeneij
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
I know the rules, but how do you win this game?
badge
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
mbmbmbmbmb
The following is not meant to be insulting, even though it is bound to come across as such.

I have never before heard of a "board game set". And the games you ask to be ranked in this survey are outdated to the point that this comes across as a troll attempt instead of a serious questionnaire. You do not seem to be familiar with the niche group that visits these forums. I think that they aren't going to seriously fill out your survey, and your data will become polluted.

Or:

Well trolled sir.

Whatever fits, you decide...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Peters
msg tools
It's for a school project. I myself am not an expert on board games. I picked up games that are currently popular in the market in order to benchmark.

Many thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a serious attempt though how you know about Pandemic, Catan and TTR and then put them in the same categories as the others.

Maybe an attempt to hit "all demographics".

For people that often use BGG the questions are vastly out of proportion with what our answers would be.

Age Question tops out at 35 I believe the average age here is around 40.

Boardgame Set? Is that just supposed to be a boardgame? The answer is 100% yes for anyone on BGG.

Who do I play games with? should allow multiple answers not force to pick one.

Also people count game ownership in the 100's so to answer where we bought our games mostly likely is ALL of them.

When it wouldn't let me go forward without answering the almost the same questions worded slightly different I gave up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
What market?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Peters
msg tools
I'm trying to hit all customer age groups, hence the selection of games. I'm trying to have standardised answers as well for ease of analysis.
Market would be UK, but it shudn't matter in this case.

Thanks for the patience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen A
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
did the survey. idk how this feedback will apply, but one of the options is hobby shop (small shop I guess). none of the games on your choice list would really be based in that market group. I wanted to be able to say "higher chance of finding creative unique games" regarding why I prefer that sales point. I'm saying all of this bc when it comes to my responses to the games you have available I really wanted to give low-moderate scores for all (none are to my taste). doing such would have skewed your data. I'm wondering if you are trying to find the right sales location for the different commercial teir of game (i.e. mega hits like monopoly vs indie games) is that part of what you're trying to learn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Peters
msg tools
Not really. I'm trying to find the competitive advantage and the competitive positioning of a niche trivia brand. This survey is to just get an understanding of the overall board game market in the factors that are relevant to us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angel H.
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I just bought a game about economics so that's my financial planning done.
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you clarify what you mean by "board game set"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
craze_peep wrote:
Not really. I'm trying to find the competitive advantage and the competitive positioning of a niche trivia brand. This survey is to just get an understanding of the overall board game market in the factors that are relevant to us.

Then this is not the place. We are a tiny niche market. I'd wager the majority of BGG members won't even play a trivia game, let alone buy one.

So our data isn't what you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.