BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Massdrop: Monsterpocalypse: now $26.99 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Anders

California
msg tools
UPDATE: It's at $26.99 now

I've never seen this game anywhere near this cheap.

They say the value is $128.91. If 15 people commit it goes down to $26.99 (It's at 8 now and $39.99).

I've never used Massdrop before but it seems like a steal.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/monsterpocalypse-game-bundle

Included:

Monsterpocalypse Collectible Miniature Game Series 1 Unit Booster Pack
Monsterpocalypse Collectible Miniature Game Series 1 Monster Booster Pack
Monsterpocalypse Collectible Miniature Game Series 2 Unit Booster Pack I Chomp NY
Monsterpocalypse Collectible Miniature Game Series 2 Monster Booster Pack I Chomp NY
Monsterpocalypse Collectible Miniature Game Series 3 Unit Booster Pack All Your Base
Monsterpocalypse Collectible Miniature Game Series 3 Monster Booster Pack All Your Base
Monsterpocalypse Series 1 Map Pack
Monsterpocalypse Red Accessory Pack
Monsterpocalypse Blue Accessory Pack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Massdrop: Monsterpocalypse: heading toward $26.99
I have used Massdrop many times. The only complaint is that occasionally the shipping can take a long time...like a month. But often it isn't. They do have good deals, but just because it is on Massdrop doesn't mean it IS a good deal.

If you are into Monsterpocaylse this looks like a great deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Except that you will have a hard time playing a game with what is in this bundle. You could play a very limited, almost demo like, version. That might be worth the price to you but you will be disappointed if you expect full 15 unit faction battles with lots of buildings. Might be nice to fill out your collection though. Wish it had Gen 4/5 units, then I would go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conrad
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigsixer wrote:
Except that you will have a hard time playing a game with what is in this bundle. You could play a very limited, almost demo like, version. That might be worth the price to you but you will be disappointed if you expect full 15 unit faction battles with lots of buildings. Might be nice to fill out your collection though. Wish it had Gen 4/5 units, then I would go for it.

There are several comments on the Massdrop listing to back this up. As Sixer said, it is probably still a good buy if you want to add to your collection or just try the game out.

You can get a proper 2-player starter kit from Privateer Press for $50
https://monsterpocalypse.com/products

I don't know enough about the game to offer comparisons, though.

BGG Link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
intellicore wrote:
Bigsixer wrote:

There are several comments on the Massdrop listing to back this up. As Sixer said, it is probably still a good buy if you want to add to your collection or just try the game out.

You can get a proper 2-player starter kit from Privateer Press for $50
https://monsterpocalypse.com/products

I don't know enough about the game to offer comparisons, though.

BGG Link

I don't believe PP still has any in stock.

If you poke around, you can find cases on clearance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fwiw, Miniature Market is selling what remains of their boosters, etc. for $3 or so apiece, as a case of 12. Pretty much the same price, after Massdrop's shipping and if you have MM's free shipping. Less assortment, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anders

California
msg tools
Bigsixer wrote:

Would a couple more unit booster packs fill the Massdrop offering out enough for 2 people to play a fun game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Roy
United States
Woodside
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 2 red box starters for sale/trade plus map packs and borders. Each starter comes with 2 different monsters in each. ninja

PM me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike o
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have some Monsterpocalypse for sale. All still in the shrink-wrap. I have some singles, promos and prize support Megas. I also have a couple of the red accessory packs.

PM me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun game, though it requires some effort to play (like having complete references for all the abilities printed up). This was the first "big" game I got into when I got into modern tabletop. I caught it right after it started to go out of favor, so all my sets were cheap (like, I imagine, the people still trying to unload some). As someone else mentioned above, boosters have been really cheap for years now, but of course that requires a bit more of an investment. My set was combined long ago, so I don't recall the exact contents of what's in this deal, but I don't think you'll be able to play with just boosters and some accessory and map packs.

Looks like there are also copies of the Voltron version floating around Ebay for reasonable prices, in case anyone is interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never got into the game myself, but from what I understood of it, this is nowhere near enough to get a true 2 player game (as others have stated). From time to time I will check the prices of full cases of boosters, but the cost is still fairly steep for a game that has been oop for years. My only issue is that I'm not sure I would ever get enough plays out of it to jump in, otherwise, I'd have a huge collection by now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I owned it and ended up selling at half price books. I wanted to like it, but it suffers from 'magic the gathering syndrome" of not having optimal units and so this one faction is just better against this other faction. Also for the game to get interesting, you need interesting buildings and even that can get unbalanced. Not to mention there's a lot of rules and lots of symbols. It can get complex. If you have a group for a bit heavier of a game, then go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Doerr
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
Origins 2018 Jun 13th - 17th
badge
Unplayed Countdown: 7 left to play
mbmbmbmbmb
japester1 wrote:
Looks like there are also copies of the Voltron version floating around Ebay for reasonable prices, in case anyone is interested.

The Voltron version is a great way to check out the Monsterpocalypse System without spending a lot. It's got everything you need to play, and works as a completely stand alone game with 2 balanced armies. This crate of boosters on Massdrop is a gamble, you might get two decent armies, but you might end up spending more to flush out what you randomly ended up with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm. This makes me regret selling my deluxe starter set with extra buildings and the Voltron set for $75.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Weber
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want a more well-rounded collection get one (or better two) unit booster cases and one monster booster case. This week Hill's Wholesale Gaming has a series 1 sale and you can get the two booster cases with the map pack and two accessory packs for $92 plus shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Allen
United States
Humble
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is interested, I have a few monster booster cases & unit booster cases still sealed. I can beat Hill's prices. PM me if interested!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.