Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave T
Canada
Prince George
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Has anyone ever played any of Dungeon Saga with 5 heroes? Does it scale well at all by just giving the Overlord a few more commands?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never tried that.
Could be difficult. There are scenarios where I somtimes had more commands that I could possibly use especially when my cardhand only had extra commands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The pre-written scenarios in the campaigns are all designed to work with four heroes. The heroes will definitely be comparatively more powerful unless adjustments are made. Of course many of the scenarios get quite difficult, so playing with five heroes could make the game more approachable for beginners.

What is your goal in using five heroes? Are you trying to accommodate another player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave T
Canada
Prince George
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah trying to accommodate another player, additionally the heroes are not pre baked heroes, everyone is designing their own custom hero that i will attempt to meld into the story lines, so its possible they may end up being weaker than the pre baked characters to start. I am also not sure if they will attain legendary status since they are custom heroes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
Just go for it and try it.
You can always adjust the difficulty mid-campaign.
Just try to think of yourself mor as a GM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
Once you go off the premade heroes you pretty much have to become a storyteller and make adjustments as you go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave T
Canada
Prince George
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yup, that i am prepared for, i was just curious if i can go 5 heroes with what the campaign throws at them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.