Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Savage
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to find in the rules whether or not two infantry units stacked together can fire as a group unless they're stacked with a leader.
I'm thinking they might be able to if within the leadership range of the
leader. Can anyone help me out here please. Otherwise enjoying the game and the graphics tremendously. Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Nicholls
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
You need to have an attached leader to form a fire group so it couldn’t be done. They could fire separately of course.

I think command range is only used for rally and spotting rolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Savage
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I read it, but still think it's strange. It states that two groups that are adjacent can combine fire, but I guess that both stacks must have a leader on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Logan
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Up to 2 squads/reduced squads can combine their fire as long as there is 1 attached Leader.
You would only need 1 Leader still if the units you're using are adjacent and not in the same hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamm22 wrote:
Up to 2 squads/reduced squads can combine their fire as long as there is 1 attached Leader.
You would only need 1 Leader still if the units you're using are adjacent and not in the same hex.

Gents what Shayne is saying here is specified in 16-87 bullet 5. And bullet 11 in red text is a good description of this.

A re-read of all of 16-87 Fire Groups is worthwhile. I've had to do it several times just to be sure I'm straight.

- edit - to clarify... I'd forgotten this is the Vol I forum. I'm stating rule 16-87 from Version 5.5 of the rules (Vol II). Paragraphs are numbered differently than the 5.25 rules in Vol I.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Savage
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shayne,
So you're saying that if a leader is ADJACENT to two squads, they could also group fire? Question 2..could the adjacent group and the one stacked with the leader combine their fire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Logan
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Attached leader must be in hex with its unit, so a leader by himself cannot form a fire group with 2 adjacent units.
Answer to your second question is no, maximum number of squads for a fire group is 2.
Most of the time when I'm playing, my fire groups are in the same hex.
The adjacent case would be: a squad with an attached leader in one hex form a fire group with a squad in an adjacent hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.