Subject: Two SCORE cards in a row? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I've just had a quick look through the rules and The Expanse seems very similar in a lot of ways to GMT's COIN games (Cuba Libre, etc), which is a good thing for me as I really like COIN!

In a COIN game we usually set the deck up so that the Propaganda card (the COIN version of the SCORE card) is in the bottom half of each sub-deck, but in Expanse is seems that two SCORE cards are just shuffled into each sub-deck so they can end up anywhere in them? Are there any special rules for spacing apart the SCORE cards here? And what happens if you get two SCORE cards in a row (assuming that's possible - I didn't see anything that said it couldn't happen)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Pit Crew avaialble now! The Expanse coming in October!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
You can get two in a row. Nothing special happens. Remember that scoring doesn't happen until someone takes a Score card from the track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Brettschneider
Germany
Mainz
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my experience it actually builds a lot of pressure to get ahead before two scoring rounds happen so quickly after another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EDG
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
We played today (3p game) so I could see how it worked. Though I must say I wasn't a fan of having so many SCORE cards in the deck. Six seemed like way too many to me though, and they came pretty pretty close together in each sub-deck - I think that also may have contributed to Earth being a runaway winner as they ended up being way ahead on points during the game because of them (final score was 123-91-77 and that was after OPA and Mars caught up a bit due to final scoring).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.