Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mb
Limitless333 wrote:
Any updates?

Yes plenty, for example:

- All factions implemented
- Lots of visual improvements, in particular to the map (see screenshot below).

I'm making some final fixes which will be followed by another round of single player testing. Then I'll try to add multiplayer functionality.

I could make use of one more playtester - pm me if interested. Please only if you are serious, know the rules well, and are prepared to do dull and meticulous solo player testing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kruppy wrote:
- Lots of visual improvements, in particular to the map
I like this new map a lot better!

Using building shapes instead of letters and planet icons instead of colored backgrounds makes it much easier for me to take in the game at a glance. With the old map I had to mentally "convert it back to Gaia Project", whereas this new version I feel like I'm looking at my own board and there's no trouble getting what I'm looking at.

I especially appreciate that I can see a white mine on a yellow planet instead of how before the planets were automatically converted to the player color when you built on them. (It looks like this might be something each player can toggle on or off to their preference?) This is really going to help me visually understand things like the tiles that give you bonuses for the different planet types you've built on. I know that you can put that number somewhere on the page, but it's just so much more intuitive for me if I can see it when I'm scanning the board.

And it helps because I build up a mental map memory of where things are... like "The Taklons and I were racing for that yellow world at the bottom left", and if there's suddenly no yellow world at the bottom left, I'm going to be sooo confused.

So thank you for that change. It's really going to help me and my very visually challenged brain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Caster
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mb
Thunkd wrote:

So thank you for that change. It's really going to help me and my very visually challenged brain.

You should thank Stones as well - he convinced me it was worthwhile drawing those buildings. I was afraid the space would be too small, and in some cases it's really tight. (Like three satellites, a space station, and a sector number in the same hex, which is theoretically possible). Also, Lantids parasite mines are drawn smaller partly on top of the other structure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bokken B
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
Ya, it looks really good. Cant wait to get my hands on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This is a game I'd quite like to play, but nobody I play board games with wants to get anywhere near Terra Mystica. So I'd really love to get an app eventually like Terra Mystica has. I'm not really an online player when it comes to apps or pbp or pbe either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Kern
msg tools
Any updates? Also, I would like to request that you implement the autonoma if possible with a seed so that we can compete via duplicate vs the autonoma. This way we would know if everyone was following the rules properly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bokken B
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
I dont think he's going to implement the automa. but it's looking really REALLY good. I still have a couple of tests to do to ensure that a few obscure rules are working as intended. I might do that today. But it's comming along well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Caster
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mb
Limitless333 wrote:
Any updates? Also, I would like to request that you implement the autonoma if possible with a seed so that we can compete via duplicate vs the autonoma. This way we would know if everyone was following the rules properly.

Implementing the automa should be quite easy but tedious, because you would have to type in the data of each card manually. Perhaps If I provided a template for how to code each card someone could volunteer to transfer the rest of the deck. Anyways I'm not going to do that until normal person vs person play works.

I have implemented variable (and random) maps of the most common configurations. Right now I'm building the backend for saving and loading moves so that we can finally play multiplayer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kruppy wrote:
Anyways I'm not going to do that until normal person vs person play works.
Do you have any idea when you expect this to go live? I'm very excited to try it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Caster
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mb
Thunkd wrote:
kruppy wrote:
Anyways I'm not going to do that until normal person vs person play works.
Do you have any idea when you expect this to go live? I'm very excited to try it.

I am sorry to say, but I honestly don't know. From a coding perspective it's not far away from a basic first version. But there are many other factors that are in play. When I am able to say something more definite, I will do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulises Espejo Vigil
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
Wow, can’t wait for this, thanks a bunch for the hard work!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sasha Shmyga
msg tools
DrMashirito wrote:
Wow, can’t wait for this, thanks a bunch for the hard work!!!!

I couldn't wait for this and started writing my own version.

600 pixels
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What does it do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nash
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can't help but feel this is a troll.

What's the link, so we can see it first?

Edit: It now seems a lot less troll-like than it first appeared. I'm in the process of getting set up to try a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sasha Shmyga
msg tools
Jack Spirio wrote:
What does it do?

Not so much because I started a couple of days ago with game setup. Now it's possible to assemble the game board (place and rotate tiles, save the board).
It's being written in Ruby and Javascript and supposed to be an open source project. I'll provide a link to the repository as soon as get something working (I'm ashamed of current code)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Sequeira
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
can't you 3 just work together so we get it working 3x faster? (thats how coding works, right?

ps: how about that link ahah
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nash
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They're trying to be careful with the link because of copyright issues, want to keep it a very small group.

Jack and I are going to try a 2 player game and see how it goes. I'm sure we'll post some feedback once we're done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
first impression is good
some times a bit minimalism, but it works I suppose

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nash
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeh - I'm pretty happy with the UI.

I'm intrigued to see how federating works, and whether or not you're allowed to create a larger federation than necessary...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nash
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Also, I know it shows the terraform steps to each colour for each faction in play, but I'd still like to see the wheel itself.

Edit: and also the cost for buildings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nash
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Very helpful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nashman88 wrote:
Yeh - I'm pretty happy with the UI.

I'm intrigued to see how federating works, and whether or not you're allowed to create a larger federation than necessary...

I think fed and sats is the trickiest thing

I'm excited for online site if things sounds as good as you guys are saying

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Edwards
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I can't wait to give this a go either

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
InnerCitySumo wrote:
I can't wait to give this a go either

Same here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.