Subject: German Version? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sven M.
Germany
Paderborn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having seen recently some reviews, I think this game is perfect for playing with my GF, though I fear that it would not as enjoyable for us in English as it seems to be quite language dependent.

So my question is, is there going to be a german version too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
Ka Mate Ka Mate
badge
Ka Ora Ka Ora
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know (from what they told me in Essen), there is no German distribution/publisher already settled on, but there are plans of finding one....so let's keep our fingers crossed for you!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dag Roth
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PasiMax wrote:
As far as I know (from what they told me in Essen), there is no German distribution/publisher already seated on, but there are plans of finding one....so let's keep our fingers crossed for you!!
That's good to hear, thanks for letting us know. Fingers are crossed already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven M.
Germany
Paderborn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah thanks for the information. Kinda disappointing that there is no distributor willing to publish it yet, though I hope they can find one soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thilo M.
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on a German version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergey Rozov
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
Maybe now there are finally some news??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
[Publisher here]

Currently there are no concrete plans for a German version. We need to find the right partners before we go ahead on this. We have good conversations with publishers for other languages, but somehow not for German (at least not yet).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dag Roth
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JDKJ wrote:
[Publisher here]

Currently there are no concrete plans for a German version. We need to find the right partners before we go ahead on this. We have good conversations with publishers for other languages, but somehow not for German (at least not yet).
A pity, Jacob. Don't know what's wrong with all the publishers here, I certainly don't see Fog of Love as a game that wouldn't work on the german market. In fact, I think it could attract a lot of non-gamers here as well.

Finger's crossed that someone finally goes for it. There are so many sh*t games out there, it annoys the cr*p out of me that something special and unique apparently just gets no chance. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergey Rozov
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
Why can't we try Spieleschmiede for the German version?? There are much smaller and less famous projects, which still were realised thriugh Spieleschmiede!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lara Spitz
msg tools
I am also really interested in this game, but since a german version may take a while to be published, I am tempted to buy the english one.

Therefore, I have a question for the native german speakers who have played this game:
Obviously, the text on the cards and everything is in english but did you think or talk to your partner in english, too?
Or did you have the conversations in german?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thilo M.
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bensa wrote:
I am also really interested in this game, but since a german version may take a while to be published, I am tempted to buy the english one.

Therefore, I have a question for the native german speakers who have played this game:
Obviously, the text on the cards and everything is in english but did you think or talk to your partner in english, too?
In German. I think it is really difficult to not switch to German, even if you can speak English to Foreigners without a problem. It probably led us to being more attentive to game mechanics than the story, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandKhan44 wrote:
Bensa wrote:

In German. I think it is really difficult to not switch to German, even if you can speak English to Foreigners without a problem. It probably led us to being more attentive to game mechanics than the story, though.
Same. We rephrase a lot of the dialogue in ways our character would say them, which almost automatically means we switch to german. And "tell" begs to speak a native tongue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
Ka Mate Ka Mate
badge
Ka Ora Ka Ora
mbmbmbmbmb
DeS_Tructive wrote:
GrandKhan44 wrote:
Bensa wrote:

Same. We rephrase a lot of the dialogue in ways our character would say them, which almost automatically means we switch to german. And "tell" begs to speak a native tongue.
Same here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis _
Germany
Halle
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
board.game.ets
Austria
Vöcklabruck
Upper Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats really great!!
Instant buy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Hartmann
Germany
Oberhausen
flag msg tools
mbmb
That IS good news. Was tempted to buy the bundle at ESSEN this year, but I know a game with such a strong RPG element will just work best in the language it is played in, which in my case is German. A translation (especially when the expansions will also be translated and have a fair price) will be an instant buy for me.

I hope you can soon tell us who will publish the German version and when we might expect it to be released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
board.game.ets
Austria
Vöcklabruck
Upper Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any updates?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
[Publisher/Designer here]
We will make a German version this year to be released at Spiel.
We're still in conversation with some potential local partners, but if they don't commit we'll do it for sure.
Final decisions will be made just after Nuremberg Toy Fair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Wöhrl
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Any news on the german version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
Bonn
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
I would really love to know whether there are any updates on the "if" and "how". Is SPIEL 2019 still a possibility?

Thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannes Höngen
Germany
Wettenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
There will be a german Version after Essen Spiel.

Watch Berlin Brettspielcon Video released today.
https://youtu.be/nGiSsFu17AU
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seba J
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i absolutely hope you mean "at essen spiel"...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
Clawf1ng3r wrote:
i absolutely hope you mean "at essen spiel"...?
The linked video uses the wording "zu Essen" and "für Essen". So yeah, you'll at least be able to pick up the core game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Hartmann
Germany
Oberhausen
flag msg tools
mbmb
Then I guess this is the time to ask if translations of the expansions are planned or already in the works too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls