GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

7,787 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
64 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Terra Mystica» Forums » Organized Play

Subject: TM Tour Season 22 Games Are Up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terra Mystica
msg tools
Games Open!
http://tmtour.org/#/divisions

Edited by: JamesWolfpacker
----------------------------------
The signup of Season 22 of TM Tour will end just before midnight of December 1 in Central European Time and will last up to 2 months (most games finish in 6 weeks). Games will start shortly after signup is over.

http://tmtour.org/#/signup

If you are new to the tournament, welcome! Say hi and let us know how you do in your 1st season.

Also, due to SillyWords retirement from the Terra Mystica community after his injury, if anyone is interested in finishing the administration of the World Team Championships please message JamesWolfpacker.

Posted by: JamesWolfpacker

Please Note Access to This BBG Account: Juho Snellman (jsnell, owner of terra.snellman.net), Daniel Åkerlund (bjolletz, owner of tmtour.org), CTKShadow (F&I test league admin), JamesWolfpacker (F&I test league admin), SillyWords (WTC admin).
Usage: Created for common use to allow several admins to update non-automated results of official, not yet official, or non-official Terra Mystica Posts, Tournaments and Leagues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: Signup for Season 22 of TM Tour is Open!
I guess people are used to my posting this topic and maintaining it. Signup started almost 2 days ago and 214 people are already signed up! gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Harris
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Nice.

According to my calculations, 5th place in Division 8 is enough for a promotion to Division 7 this time around - does that sound right? (Asking for a friend...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Haas
United States
Mountain View
CA
flag msg tools
Yes. 5th place in D8 is a guaranteed promotion as long as there are 25 or fewer leagues in division 8, and this season there were only 19.

And, frankly, there are usually enough people dropping out of the tournament each season that even if there were ~30 leagues in D8, odds would still be good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sandman
Germany
flag msg tools
Promotion-Attackmode turned on!whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now, 480 players have signed up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Now 564. Seems slow, but I haven't kept track this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georg D.
Germany
Höxter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I will sign up this season. It is the holiday season with christmas and new years eve. That means 2 weeks full of me visiting familiy, me visting friends, friends visiting me,...
Sure usually I will find the time to do perhaps one move per day, at least one every second day. But once I hit a situation where I have to plan ahead more than 2-3 turns it could become difficult to find the time I need.
At the moment I'm in the mood that I spare myself and my fellow players the stress. Depending on my exact travelplans I may change my mind until end of month.
I suppose I'm not the only one with such 'problems'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you know if you're officially signed up? Don't get me wrong, the less emails a site sends me, the happier I am...but does tmtour send a confirmation email when you're signed up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calle N
msg tools
mbmb
Dylan, you can try to sign up again, and if you signed up correctly before you will get a notification that user is already signed up. If you played last season you can check if you have a tick in the "signed up for next season" column.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Correct. If you played any season, you can go to any league that you have ever played in and see if there is a check mark. Only players that have never played before would have to try to sign up again to double check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Haas
United States
Mountain View
CA
flag msg tools
With roughly two days to go, we are at 968 signups.

There are currently 93 players signed up to return after an absence of at least one season. The highest-division returners are AgricolaZ and Jingking, who are eligible to return in D4. The longest layoff belongs to bluestar, who last played in season 3 but will be joining us for season 22.

There are currently 4 players eligible for D3 or higher based on their S21 performance who have not yet signed up: Xevoc (D1), Yvon (D2), Maccit (D3), and zander (D3).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Berger
msg tools
Ha, I played a few games with bluestar. Good to see him in the tourney! And I promise not to play engineers this season. Two huge embarrassment in two consecutive seasons ought to be enough :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Kahánek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shall you implement the auction system in one of the upcoming tournaments? shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Füchtbauer
Denmark
flag msg tools
tr9sh wrote:
Ha, I played a few games with bluestar. Good to see him in the tourney! And I promise not to play engineers this season. Two huge embarrassment in two consecutive seasons ought to be enough :-)

If I remember correctly, you also managed a pretty solid win with them last season in my group. Fortunately for me, I was only in your less succesful engineers game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Berger
msg tools
Oh my god you participated in my most embarassing game ever But yes, I won one of my games with a nice score :-) Still lost the league to you, well played!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Füchtbauer
Denmark
flag msg tools
tr9sh wrote:
Oh my god you participated in my most embarassing game ever But yes, I won one of my games with a nice score :-) Still lost the league to you, well played!

Same to you! (at least in the other three games ). And it looks like we are both heading for D6 this season. Best of luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Currently at 1022 players and about 7 hours before S21 ends and S22 begins.

As of now there is only 1 player in S21 D1-D3 that has not signed up for S22 and is eligible for D1-D3: Xevoc in D1.

If you add in D4 there are another 3 spots (4 total) open in D4 so there are not as many 2nd place promotions that will be available. I don't know if more than the 2 previously mentioned returning D4 players have signed up yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Haas
United States
Mountain View
CA
flag msg tools
109 total returning players as of this writing. Still just the two in D4 and none above that. There are, however, 8 returning players eligible for D5, which I believe is more than the number of vacancies in D5. Assuming that's correct, we'd potentially only have 2 second-place promotions from D6, which would be an unusually small number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Haas
United States
Mountain View
CA
flag msg tools
And we're off and running, with 1032 players - which breaks down as 827 continuing players, 110 returning players, and 95 new players playing in the tournament for the first time. Good luck to all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steinar Nerhus
Norway
flag msg tools
mb
It seems Xevoc is taking a christmas break from the tournament (I assume, hoping he returns later).

If and when he does return it will be interesting to see where he ends up. If D1-D3 is filled up as it (nearly) was this season he might have to start over in D4.

Part of why I dont sign up, other than the slow games and the DEXX meta, is that I dont want to start lower than D3 (which is where I would end up if there are room)

Anyways, Good Luck to all players. I'm rooting for those that dont pick D from first pos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Peters
Netherlands
Brunssum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stones wrote:
I'm rooting for those that dont pick D from first pos

Root 1: Chaos Magicians.

https://terra.snellman.net/faction/4pLeague_S22_D3L1_G7/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Haas
United States
Mountain View
CA
flag msg tools
I spent a bunch of time this offseason thinking through which other factions are safe to pick in first seat, and was all ready to try something different... and proceeded to get a game that's clearly better for Darklings than any of the other first-pick options. I admit I'm a bit disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steinar Nerhus
Norway
flag msg tools
mb
Gotta play to win. It is OK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petri Savola
Finland
Espoo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve496 wrote:
I spent a bunch of time this offseason thinking through which other factions are safe to pick in first seat, and was all ready to try something different... and proceeded to get a game that's clearly better for Darklings than any of the other first-pick options. I admit I'm a bit disappointed.

For ~15 seasons or so I was actively looking for opportunities to play Giants in a semi-competitive setup, but the setups were simply not there. For whatever reason I didn't seem to get many opportunities to play Giants in a game which has SH >> 5 on round 1, bon6 and no bon1. Setups always seemed to be full of earth and water cult bonuses and SA/SH on round 2-3, which just is a bit too strong signal for Darklings...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.