Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Skip Mathias
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We were playing the Scheme Invade the Daily Bugle News HQ which periodically puts villains into the HQ and were playing against the Villain group Maximum Carnage.

At one point, Doppelganger was placed above a villain in the HQ. His ability reads, Doppelganger's Attack is equal to the Cost of the Hero in the HQ space under him.

What is his Attack value?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Impeachment time
mbmbmbmbmb
androidodnetnin wrote:
We were playing the Scheme Invade the Daily Bugle News HQ which periodically puts villains into the HQ and were playing against the Villain group Maximum Carnage.

At one point, Doppelganger was placed above a villain in the HQ. His ability reads, Doppelganger's Attack is equal to the Cost of the Hero in the HQ space under him.

I would use the attack value of the villain for Doppelganger's attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Santos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
androidodnetnin wrote:

It's a bad day for him that what it is!

According to the rules:
"•Card Values: If an effect needs to know a
number from a card, and that card doesn’t
have that kind of number, use 0. For
example, if Gambit’s “High Stakes Jackpot”
reveals a Wound, he gets +0 ."

And also Doppelganger checks for the Hero cost, that card in the HQ is a Villain, not a hero...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Doppleganger would have 0 Attack in that instance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Doppelganger will also have 0 Fight if he somehow makes it into the HQ. I guess subtly taking the form of the office custodian isn’t very helpful when there are flame-headed undead bikers doing donuts in Conference Room A.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Inlow
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
swheelock wrote:
Doppelganger will also have 0 Fight if he somehow makes it into the HQ. I guess subtly taking the form of the office custodian isn’t very helpful when there are flame-headed undead bikers doing donuts in Conference Room A.

HA HA HA!! That actually made me laugh out loud. 😂😂😂
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I confess to liking Todd's answer, the sad truth is that the rules say his value will be 0 if there's a villain in the space beneath him.

For those who want a rules quote, check out the Paint the Town Red rulesheet where this is specifically answered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Mathias
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for all of the answers. That is how we played it (with 0 Attack) the other night. I'm glad that the consensus is what we thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls