Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Guthrie
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Almost every game enthusiast, at one point or another, has played the simple pencil and paper game most of us know as "Dots". The concept was simple: create a grid of dots, maybe 10 x 10 or 20 x 20, and each player takes a turn connecting two dots. The object is to form a box and put your initial in the middle. Each time you complete a box, you get to go again. It is a simple enough strategy game, easy rules, but challenging nevertheless.

Galactic Takeover is basically a scaled down, three dimensional version of Dots. Your grid is small, only 4 x 4, and there are only 9 boxes to capture. Instead of lines, you place walls between the "dots" and land your spaceship each time you capture a box.

The game is easy to learn, quick to play, and comes in a neat, self-contained box. It makes a pretty good travel game, except you might lose the small pieces if you actually play in your car. I enjoy it, my kids enjoy it, and I even enjoy playing it with the kids!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.