Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Kwan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Good day, couple of beginner questions despite me reading the rulebook (I have a bad habbit of over reading into things).

1. An ability that reads Move 3 --> Push 1. Would I be correct to assume that you MUST first move up to 3, then push 1? IE, you could NOT move 1, push 1, then move the remaining 2.

Rulebook states cards have to executed in order of written (I guess top to bottom?)

2. A persistent ability (Frost Armor) which also imbues with frost element.

When does the frost element become imbued? When the card is initially played (before any charges are expended)? Or when each charge is expended? Or both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ringgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
I need a healer!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1: Correct

2: All elemetal creation happen at the end of the active player/monsters turn. So if there is a pre-existing Ice element you could play two cards that would both consume the Ice element for some effect, and then at the end of you turn recreate it respectively, and this would happen no matter what order you executed those cards in. What you can't do is play a card that creates an element and then consume it yourself on the same turn (since it's not actually created until the end of your turn)

Edited for clarity

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You are correct, the card gets resolved top down, each line fully before you move to the next.
2. Elements are imbued when the card is played, not when delayed effects are used. (Unless the card specifically says so).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
talzor wrote:
2: All elemetal creation happen at the end of the active player/monsters turn. So if there is a pre-existing Ice element you could play two cards that would both consume the Ice element for some effect and then at the end of you turn recreate it, and this would happen no matter what order you executed those cards in.

if you play 2 cards which both consume an active element only one of them consumes the element, which is then used up. Not both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Von Strubel wrote:
talzor wrote:
2: All elemetal creation happen at the end of the active player/monsters turn. So if there is a pre-existing Ice element you could play two cards that would both consume the Ice element for some effect and then at the end of you turn recreate it, and this would happen no matter what order you executed those cards in.

if you play 2 cards which both consume an active element only one of them consumes the element, which is then used up. Not both.

I think his intent was that one card consumes, and the other creates the element. Not that both consume (and I was just thinking my high school English class was useless)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SnarksandBoojums wrote:
1. You are correct, the card gets resolved top down, each line fully before you move to the next.
If your "resolve each line fully" includes the option to skip that line then you are close to correct, but it is a little more complex than "do every line one at a time, top to bottom". Especially so when you have XP or Elemental infusions as standalone "abilities".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Naesseth
Sweden
flag msg tools
mccrispy wrote:
SnarksandBoojums wrote:
If your "resolve each line fully" includes the option to skip that line then you are close to correct, but it is a little more complex than "do every line one at a time, top to bottom". Especially so when you have XP or Elemental infusions as standalone "abilities".
Also you can't skip negative effects to you or your allies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Janicek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just dabbling into the realm of dreams now. Wouldn't it be neat if a consumed element was available for both your top and bottom actions during the turn it was consumed? After all, it's available for all monsters to use during the turn it which they consume it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ringgaard
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
I need a healer!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SwampMonster wrote:
Von Strubel wrote:
talzor wrote:

I think his intent was that one card consumes, and the other creates the element. Not that both consume (and I was just thinking my high school English class was useless)

Yes, sry this was the meaning I intended. English isn't my first language and sometimes small ambiguities still slip though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.