Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Mice and Mystics: Heart of Glorm» Forums » General

Subject: Nere rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Struggling a bit with her. What are good items or abilities to watch out for or assign to her?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Neré is the least popular mouse for us. Which is not at all because of her theme or personality, in fact we love 'nature-types'. But she kinda 'falls inbetween' when compared to the others.
Not as kick-ass as the warriors, not as powerful a mage as Maginos, just as fast as Filch but without Energy Rush, no access to the good bows like Lily, not as important as Tilda.

From my experience, it's best to decide first whether she'll be a replacement for Maginos or a companion. Both being the Mystic class, they share the same ability pool.

- Replace:
She's not as fragile as Maginos, which is a plus. Her Natural Healing ability makes her very hard to kill against smaller minions. That ability combined with her starting weapon means she's a good fighter when picking off lone enemies by herself (just like Filch).
Because of this, we never feel inclined to give her a different weapon. A piece of armour or an item with a useful ability is better.

However, Maginos is great at generating cheese so he gets to use his abilities a lot (or make sure others like Tilda always have enough). Neré won't do that as much.

- Companion:
She's most fun if she takes a different path to the Mystic class than Maginos. We like to have Maginos be the heavy hitter who stays in the back, using cards like Chain Lightning. Then Neré can be more active, using stuff like Invisibility and Fly. (And, to keep in theme: Bark Fur and Strangle Vines.)

This makes her more of a 'warrior mage', which keeps her interesting.

- And then there's her pets. If you happen to like that mechanic, she's great for just them as there are 4 of them to use.
Personally I can't really comment on that though, we never cared much about using them.

- Also: she is the Wild class which becomes a lot more important in Downwood Tales. However, by then you'll also have Jakobe and you might again find Neré to be 'falling inbetween'.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cpt. America
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Teeka, when you say:
"- And then there's her pets. If you happen to like that mechanic, she's great for just them as there are 4 of them to use." Does it mean Nere can use all 4 slugs? which means, Nere can summon all 4 in one tile?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
samruiz123 wrote:
Teeka, when you say:
"- And then there's her pets. If you happen to like that mechanic, she's great for just them as there are 4 of them to use." Does it mean Nere can use all 4 slugs? which means, Nere can summon all 4 in one tile?



Yes, she can summon 4 altogether. It cost 2 cheese each time though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teeka wrote:
Neré is the least popular mouse for us. Which is not at all because of her theme or personality, in fact we love 'nature-types'. But she kinda 'falls inbetween' when compared to the others.
Not as kick-ass as the warriors, not as powerful a mage as Maginos, just as fast as Filch but without Energy Rush, no access to the good bows like Lily, not as important as Tilda.

From my experience, it's best to decide first whether she'll be a replacement for Maginos or a companion. Both being the Mystic class, they share the same ability pool.

- Replace:
She's not as fragile as Maginos, which is a plus. Her Natural Healing ability makes her very hard to kill against smaller minions. That ability combined with her starting weapon means she's a good fighter when picking off lone enemies by herself (just like Filch).
Because of this, we never feel inclined to give her a different weapon. A piece of armour or an item with a useful ability is better.

However, Maginos is great at generating cheese so he gets to use his abilities a lot (or make sure others like Tilda always have enough). Neré won't do that as much.

- Companion:
She's most fun if she takes a different path to the Mystic class than Maginos. We like to have Maginos be the heavy hitter who stays in the back, using cards like Chain Lightning. Then Neré can be more active, using stuff like Invisibility and Fly. (And, to keep in theme: Bark Fur and Strangle Vines.)

This makes her more of a 'warrior mage', which keeps her interesting.

- And then there's her pets. If you happen to like that mechanic, she's great for just them as there are 4 of them to use.
Personally I can't really comment on that though, we never cared much about using them.

- Also: she is the Wild class which becomes a lot more important in Downwood Tales. However, by then you'll also have Jakobe and you might again find Neré to be 'falling inbetween'.



I gave her the voodoo doll which is interesting and a lot of fun.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N F
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
She is pretty good with voodoo doll, and when we've played, her strangle vines are much more effective than chain lightning. (our experience)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bouselli
United States
Carteret
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Relampagos wrote:
She is pretty good with voodoo doll, and when we've played, her strangle vines are much more effective than chain lightning. (our experience)



Agreed
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shotgun Games
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been enjoying Nere a lot! I started off with "Strangle Vines" and it's an extremely good ability. It doesn't count as a combat action, so you can attack with her normally, then spend a couple of cheese to roll for unblockable melee attacks (if used against Rats or Roaches)! She gets to attack twice, and that second attack can attack up to 3 minions!

Although, keep in mind any Cheese rolled with Strangle Vines doesn't net her any cheese, but will heal a wound! Plus, her normal attack gets stronger the more she is damaged, AND she self-heals!

Nere is OP!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.