Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
joshua garrison
United States
Wooster
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Has anyone encountered a situation where no one collectively had the required cards to complete a mission? What do you do? Pick your people and go on it anyways knowing it’s going to be a fail?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Scott
United States
Randolph
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Always ask yourself, "What would Joan of Arc do?"
mbmbmbmbmb

I assume you have to go anyway - don't forget the Captain can swap a card from the pool, so if you seem to be short one card in the initial "survey" there's always a chance to pick up what you need from the swap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joshua garrison
United States
Wooster
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know in the glossary it says the captain can forfeit their turn and that you can ignore resolving smoke and fire once per game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Scott
United States
Randolph
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's true, I'd forgotten about that note. So maybe you can do this once, but that's all...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joshua garrison
United States
Wooster
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It says you can only ignore smoke and fire once per game I wonder is that ONLY when the captain forfeits their turn? And I’m guessing a captain can forfeit their turn multiple times it’s just ignoring the smoke and fire that you can only do once?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Scott
United States
Randolph
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer to the first question in "Edge Cases" does seem to suggest that while you can only ignore smoke or fire once per game, Captains can pass their turn to let everyone discard and draw as often as they want. If that's the correct interpretation I'm not sure I like that, since it would mean that if there's no smoke or fire anywhere the players can just sit in the Rec Room and keep passing as long as they want (discarding and drawing each turn) until they're happy with their hands, with no negative consequences. That doesn't feel right to me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Laporte
France
Limeil-Brevannes
Val de Marne
flag msg tools
Brian, from what I read in the rule book (in the "edge cases"), a captain can pass only if nobody is willing to reveal a fire extinguisher or flashlight and there are no other rooms available. So it's not possible to just wait to have all the right cards if my interpretation is correct. It's the first one of the edge cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.