Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JR Dundas
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The Aberration has a movement value of 10 squares. Does this mean 10 squares based on the size of the squares on the board, or does it mean 10 squares based on this figurines 2 x 2 square base size?

2. When you choose the Defensive Combat Mode for a figurine, when do you choose its Mastery Level, and when do you make the die role for success? Is it each time this figurine is successfully attacked while it is in Defensive Combat Mode? If this is the case, can you change the Defensive Combat Mode Mastery Level used for each attack?

3. When you choose the Movement Mode for a figurine, and have selected its Mastery Level, if you are unsuccessful with your die role, does this end the turn for that figurine, or, can it make a normal move, just without the benefit attached from a Mastery Level?

Thanks for any help available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Rules clarifications?
XSNRG (#30760),

What I have understood:

1. The Aberration's movement is based on the size of the square of the board;

2. You choose the Defensive Combat Mode every time your figurine (already in Defensive Combat Mode) is attacked;

3. Here I'm not sure. I suppose your figurine's movement stops and your turn ends after the movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
XSNRG (#30760),

Referring to the 3rd point of your post, I think you have misunderstood the 'Movement Mode' and I haven't understood your question (I'm sorry, I'm italian and I don't speak a good english...! ).

Each turn you can choose only ONE Activation Mode and they are: Offensive Combat, Defensive Combat, Firing and Manoeuvre (translated from the italian word, hope is right).
So a miniature ALWAYS move but his movement is not part of a Manoeuvre Mode.
On the other side (if I have understood right) you can choose the Manoeuvre Mode for a miniature but you cannot choose the others (Offensive, Defensive or Firing); in this case you can:

1 add +2 to movement
2 run through enemies (except Defense Mode)
3 hold enemy (enemy may not move before next round)
4 hold enemy (enemy gets -2 on all NV-rolls)
5 enemies receive -2 SL when attacking this creature
6 at end of round, may move NV number of squares

The miniature's turn ends after the selected action.

Hope can help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin long
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XSNRG (#30760),
good question on point # 3 - i assumed that none of the mastery levels in moving mode require a dice throw - but then level 3 and 4 seem like they shoudl require a throw since they seem a little strong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ward
United States
x
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
RaistlinMajere (#31455),
I think you have misunderstood the 'Movement Mode'...Each turn you can choose only ONE Activation Mode and they are: Offensive Combat, Defensive Combat, Firing and Manoeuvre (translated from the italian word, hope is right).
So a miniature ALWAYS move but his movement is not part of a Manoeuvre Mode.

Oh! I've been trying to work this out. There are two words (movement, maneuver) which are coming out the same in English. No wonder! Thanks!

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.