Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Wrobel
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We thought of this potential house rule and wondered if folks had thoughts. At the end of the round when refilling Adventure Cards, if draw more than one Boss Attack card, draw one additional cube from bag per Boss Attack card greater than one. We had a few turns with multiple Boss Attack cards and thought it would mean less later so should have more impact now... Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Rivest
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
It's a pretty neat idea, still has an impact but not as much as drawing 2 times all the cubes. I like it, that said the developpers of the game didn't balance it with this in mind, i don't know if it would affect the balance.

If i wanna argue I would say that the rule wouldn't affect the gameplay very much. Perhaps 3 or 4 more cubes per game in general? Maybe some games with 7-8 more cubes but in general there wouldn't be a considered impact on gameplay, so why add the complexity of another rule. Also, some people might say it partially removes strategy as normaly when skipping boss attacks you can take advantage of the security to take detours and major secrets etc but with the rule added it flatens out gameplay making it less differents every game.

I like the idea of adding a consequence of multiple boss attacks, but i'm not sure if this is the right one. Dev probably though of it and opted not to do it, i wonder what was their reasoning. I tend to trust developpers though.

I'm kinda devided.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alluvian
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I had to guess, the reason multiple boss cards drawn don't do anything is to just make it easier to not have to keep track of which cards came out this turn. Just one binary thing to remember: did the boss attack?

It is not very difficult to track this with a number as well. Boss +0, Boss +1 etc...

I think the house rule would be fun, I don't think it will impact the game much, but who knows, it might make all the difference on the final turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Wrobel
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried the house rule a few times and it was quite smooth. I think it came up three times and not sure how it truly impacted the overall game though surely any additional cube draw makes things more intense. To track we flipped cards and placed them a little below the remaining cards, then shifted them up after Boss Attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imoen
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like the idea and I'll try it in the next game!

TY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.