Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Buchenot
United States
Aurora
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love this game but we ran into a rules question we couldn't find an answer to in the rule book. What should you do when a player can't pick up any tiles? That is, the only colors left to pick up are ones they cannot place in their pattern lines because either the pattern line already has that color on the pattern wall or the pattern line is all filled up. So do you skip their turn, have them pick tiles and place them in the box, or pick tiles and they go to the floor line?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BenjaminAB wrote:
Love this game but we ran into a rules question we couldn't find an answer to in the rule book. What should you do when a player can't pick up any tiles? That is, the only colors left to pick up are ones they cannot place in their pattern lines because either the pattern line already has that color on the pattern wall or the pattern line is all filled up. So do you skip their turn, have them pick tiles and place them in the box, or pick tiles and they go to the floor line?

You pick tiles and place them on your floor line (obviously worth choosing the colour with the least number of tiles to limit the damage).

Edit: This is covered in the Floor Line rules "Any tiles you have picked that you cannot or do not want to place according to the rules, you must place in your floor line..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C GX
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and in the rare case that your floor is full, then the extra tiles just go back in the box, you get no penalties for these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Full disclosure, I thought this was going to be a thread about how you were unable to physically pick up the tiles with your fingers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Blackwell
United Kingdom
Saltdean
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Jimmydm90 wrote:
Full disclosure, I thought this was going to be a thread about how you were unable to physically pick up the tiles with your fingers.

M B
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonner Purinton
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A player may/must always pick up tiles. A player may not always be able to place the tiles in his pattern rows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Watson
United States
Barrington
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmydm90 wrote:

Me too. I thought it was a problem arising from eating greasy food at the gaming table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.