al Cann
United States
Warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello PL Season 2 players:

Unfortunately, I have to play solitaire so I only have myself to figure out strategies and rules, and of course, BGG'ers. Searched the forums and googled, but could not find this answer, although it is probably so simple there is no question on it. If you haven't opened package one, do not read what is behind the spoiler tag.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Think I know the answer here but I am just making sure. After connecting Chicago after the successful recon, the Chicago infection cards were put in the game end area, all the other cards for the new cities that are not connected, go into the reserve as well as new scars. Starting the second game of January, those cards still stay in reserve, correct?

I think the answer is yes, but I want to make sure ... thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McGeehin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
albcann wrote:
Hello PL Season 2 players:

Unfortunately, I have to play solitaire so I only have myself to figure out strategies and rules, and of course, BGG'ers. Searched the forums and googled, but could not find this answer, although it is probably so simple there is no question on it. If you haven't opened package one, do not read what is behind the spoiler tag.

Think I know the answer here but I am just making sure. After connecting Chicago after the successful recon, the Chicago infection cards were put in the game end area, all the other cards for the new cities that are not connected, go into the reserve as well as new scars. Starting the second game of January, those cards still stay in reserve, correct?

I think the answer is yes, but I want to make sure ... thanks.

You've got it right.

You take the "Player" cards (there are 2, one of them has a silver scratch-off for a Search, and a normal one) and put them in the Player Discard pile. If you have abilities that let you take from the discard pile, they are valid choices to take.

You take the "Infection" cards (also 2 of them) and put them in the "Game End" section with those Turning Points. When you resolve the Turning Point cards at the end of the game (win or lose) mix them into the Infection deck.

Every other card goes into the reserve. Once the city is connected, resolve the other cards just like that.

The Unrationed Event, if you completed the Recon objective, just gets put in someone's hand. It stays in the player deck until it is used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al Cann
United States
Warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Matthew but one more thing if you would ...

But now in following the steps to play game 2, it says in step 1 that I need to look through the reserve and "collect any cards from previous games that go into the board". If I had read this before asking my question, I may not have asked the question and I would have added all these cards from the other cities, not yet on The Grid, to the player and infection decks for game 2. Is that what I do, or do I still need to wait until those cities are on the grid?

Struggling with this for some reason.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Peterson
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only add the cards to the decks when the cities are connected to the grid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McGeehin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
albcann wrote:
Thank you Matthew but one more thing if you would ...

But now in following the steps to play game 2, it says in step 1 that I need to look through the reserve and "collect any cards from previous games that go into the board". If I had read this before asking my question, I may not have asked the question and I would have added all these cards from the other cities, not yet on The Grid, to the player and infection decks for game 2. Is that what I do, or do I still need to wait until those cities are on the grid?

Struggling with this for some reason.

Thanks

Only add the cities connected to the grid. But you do it in step 3, not step 1. Step 1 is modify population, Step 2 is check the Legacy deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al Cann
United States
Warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Step 3 is right.

Thanks for the help gentlemen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
albcann wrote:
Yes, Step 3 is right.

Thanks for the help gentlemen!

Actually step 1 was correct initially because you were referring to set-up. The step 3 referenced above is for end game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.