David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Warning! If you assume a rule instead of reading carefully, you might be the ass! (That was me. My wife caught the error eventually.)

We played the prologue three times before we realized that we were making the game slightly harder than it is. You need to build three new supply centers anywhere on the board. They don't have to be in three different colored cities. So if you are drawing all of the yellows, build a supply center in two yellow cities.

Our old pandemic habits were kicking in and we were treating it like curing diseases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Osterholm

College Station
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But it is fairly hard to do two of the same color. You need 9-10 cards to do two. You only get, what, 12 total cards of each color?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McGeehin
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
eriko wrote:
But it is fairly hard to do two of the same color. You need 9-10 cards to do two. You only get, what, 12 total cards of each color?

In the Prologue, yes. However, when you start the game, there are some upgrades that make the game easier: The Infrastructure and Foundations cards, as well as the Architect upgrade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt620 wrote:
eriko wrote:

In the Prologue, yes. However, when you start the game, there are some upgrades that make the game easier: The Infrastructure and Foundations cards, as well as the Architect upgrade.

Yeah, the upgrades that are initially available in the first game (no spoilers here) are the reason why I was pointing it out. If other folks repeat our mistake, they might not realize the strategy available in the game end upgrades.

Stack the Laborer with the Architect, then use the (Foundations? upgrade I think?) that makes a colored city card worth double or triple (going from memory here). Then it is easy to build multiple supply centers of the same color pretty quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eriko wrote:

In February we built 3 supply centers on blue. Its possible, especially with the Laborer starting job and Architect upgrade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.