Popular Tags: [View All]
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
The Flip and Fight Rules say...

'Rules PDF - P9' wrote:
At any time you flip a forest card and reveal a zombie, you must fight the zombie immediately; you cannot search for gear before you fight. However, if you flip a zombie card located in the next zone, you gain a free gear card and an extra die that may help you in defeating the zombie.

You can choose to NOT fight zombies on your turn, if you wish, as long as you have not flipped a new zombie over.

This is confusing me...

1) When you kill a zombie, you move straight away into the zone it vacated right? So, how are you flipping "the next zone". Or is it that you only move at the end of your turn through all empty spaces?

• I am at the start of the game and there are 7 face down cards before the goal : P * * * * * * * G
• I reveal and kill the 1st card with 1 die. : P - * * * * * * * G
• Do I now move forward like this? - P * * * * * * * G
• Is the next card I reveal count as the "in next zone" and I gain the +1 gear card and +1 Die?

Or...

• I am at the start of the game and there are 7 face down cards before the goal : P * * * * * * * G
• I choose to reveal the card in the 2nd Zone : P * Z * * * * * G
• I fight the zombie in slot 2, and still have a face down card in slot 1 : P * - * * * * * G
• I then flip and kill the zombie in slot 1 : P - - * * * * * G
• Then I move up 2 spots?

The manual only mentions move a couple of time, ... can someone please explain how to move correctly and how the "flip next in zone" works?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Killingsworth
United States
Bedford
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So yes you move into the empty spot when you clear a monster.

Note that your path is 2 level 1 and 2 level 2 and 2 level 3 and then the 1 level 4.

When you flip a monster to fight at the next level of monster you gain a die to your pool from that point forward and you get one free gear card.

This rule is used to warn people if you just cleared the last level 1 - you CAN flip the first level 2 and gain the die and the gear card but always remember the 1st flip of a critter requires you fight it right then.

So you play
You kill monster one and then move into that spot
then kill monster 2 and move into that spot you have now cleared all the level 1 monsters.

The next monster is the 1st level 2 and that is the beginning of the level 2 (zone) of monsters.

But all monsters have to be fought in order to progress.

Let me know if that helps

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Still confused, confirmation

So in this case I am sitting in row 1, after searching and flipping 1 card on turn 1.

Turn Example: A

Start p1 22 33 4 Goal

For my turn I flip and kill a zombie in row 2 and then instantly move up 1 spot. It now looks like this..

Start -p 22 33 4 Goal

I then flip row 1 of Zone 2... this gives me +1 Loot and +1 Gear. I kill it and move up... now it looks like this..

Start -- p2 33 4 Goal

I still have die left and a good gear card, so I decide to flip the next one as well.. row 2 of Zone 2.. as I am not crossing a zone I get no Bonus. I kill the zombie and move forward instantly. It now looks like this..

Start -- -p 33 4 Goal

Turn Example: B

For my next turn I am flipping row 1 of zone 3, but I am in zone 2, so I get the +1 Bonus and +1 gear.. even though this is the 1st card I am flipping this turn. I flip it, get the bonuses and kill the zombie and instantly move forward.

I used all my die so that is teh end of this turn and the lane looks like this...
Start -- -- p3 4 Goal

Is that all correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Killingsworth
United States
Bedford
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TragicTheBlathering wrote:
Still confused, confirmation

So in this case I am sitting in row 1, after searching and flipping 1 card on turn 1.

Turn Example: A

Start p1 22 33 4 Goal

For my turn I flip and kill a zombie in row 2 and then instantly move up 1 spot. It now looks like this..

Start -p 22 33 4 Goal

I then flip row 1 of Zone 2... this gives me +1 Loot and +1 Gear. I kill it and move up... now it looks like this..

Start -- p2 33 4 Goal

I still have die left and a good gear card, so I decide to flip the next one as well.. row 2 of Zone 2.. as I am not crossing a zone I get no Bonus. I kill the zombie and move forward instantly. It now looks like this..

Start -- -p 33 4 Goal

Turn Example: B

For my next turn I am flipping row 1 of zone 3, but I am in zone 2, so I get the +1 Bonus and +1 gear.. even though this is the 1st card I am flipping this turn. I flip it, get the bonuses and kill the zombie and instantly move forward.

I used all my die so that is teh end of this turn and the lane looks like this...
Start -- -- p3 4 Goal

Is that all correct?

As I read it that looks right. Exposing the critter in the next zone is what triggers the free gear and the extra die to your pool.

The main warning I make for people is that if you flip something you have to fight it immediately upon reveal so try to make sure people done get overly cocky transitioning from zone to zone and thinking they can flip the zombie not fight it and then use the free die to search for gear...that is a no no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.