Necromunda: Underhive» Forums » General

Subject: Kit-bashing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
I'm working on a junkyard terrain piece, and have started with this:

I've just bought a box of 3 toy monster trucks from K-mart (unbranded tat, but cheaper than the branded tat like Hot Wheels, which appears to have roughly the same components) for $5.

Out of it I've got 12 very nice rubber tyres (which to be honest was all I really wanted), plastic wheels (for gubbins or scrap composition, or at the very least filler in the centre of junk piles to easily bulk them out), and a bunch of cogs from the flywheel motor. There's also the motor housing, which comes with some greebly moulding; could be used as junk on its own, or again as pile filler, and each truck has a bull-bar at the front that could be used for embedded rungs.

I'm throwing away the packaging, the upper chassis, and some loose bushes from the motor, and three screws from each truck.

I'm rather pleased with this, and will be buying a bunch more of these

Will be looking for some old electrical junk (I recall old radios are good for the sort of components I want) later today.

What else is out there in ordinary toyland that can be hacked up? Something with drums or crates would be good...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's Necro-based, it aught to crawling with plastic toy spiders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.