Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Johnston
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocky Road à la Mode is fun game that is similar to splendor, but different enough that I enjoy owning both. It is also a small box and portable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krista Cox
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Best Treehouse Ever is a super cute drafting game thats fun for families.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Cohen
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kcandmythreesons wrote:
Best Treehouse Ever is a super cute drafting game thats fun for families.

And adults too - I've bought this out for game day more than a few times a as a quick filler. Too bad it out of stock
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PapaBear73 wrote:
Rocky Road à la Mode is fun game that is similar to splendor, but different enough that I enjoy owning both. It is also a small box and portable.

As a counterpoint this is the comment I left on the the game page after buying it based on exactly this kind of endorsement:

Quote:
Wouldn't turn down a play but don't be drawn in like I did by claims that this is Splendor-like with Patchwork turn order added to the mix. While that's not completely inaccurate and it is reasonably fun light fare it's SO much more fiddly by comparison, and lacks the elegance that makes Splendor special by a wide margin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben G
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a counter-counterpoint, I'd play Rocky Road a la Mode over Splendor any day. I find Rocky Road a la Mode to be lighthearted fun and Splendor to be dry and boring. Splendor also has a tendency to get bogged down in mathiness, which I think is more easily avoided in Rocky Road.

While it is probably fair to say Splendor is more "elegant", I have more fun playing Rocky Road a la Mode.

It takes all kinds!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gut Shot Games
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
www.gutshotgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocky Road, for me, is lacking because of the under-sized components they used to get it to fit in a small box. The board/4 cards that act as a board is especially frustrating. I really wish they would have made it a bigger game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.