Subject: Vorsch Power Suit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markos Mytilinakis
Greece
Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The card says "action: take two different actions with an assembly limit of 1".

If I have other cards that increase my assembly limit, do the effects combine together or does my assembly limit remain 1?

I personally prefer that my assembly limit remains 1 otherwise it is a powerful technology.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attila Gal
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that your Assembly Limit is 1, as the card specifically says so.

You could also consider that an Action on a technology card is technically not one of your "basic" actions, ship cards only adjust assembly limit for building ships / developing technologies / discovering planets. Since you are not really doing any of those (instead you are resolving a technology action), the assembly limit would not be modified by the ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I'm rather sure it sets the assembly limit to 1.
If it had been intended otherwise, it would have said to reduce your normal assembly limits by 1.

Also it's already quite powerful as it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markos Mytilinakis
Greece
Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answers. I wanted to double-check my thoughts on the card. I agree with both of you on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chevee Dodd
United States
Fairmont
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
blasito wrote:

If I have other cards that increase my assembly limit, do the effects combine together or does my assembly limit remain 1?

I personally prefer that my assembly limit remains 1 otherwise it is a powerful technology.

I re-worded that card as it wasn't quite powerful enough. Simply splitting your two cards between two different actions really didn't provide a "bonus". As most things cost 2+ cards, it mean that you could still only do 2 things every 2 rounds. Here's the conversation I had with Ignacy about it:

[7/24/2017 08:31:10] Chevee Dodd: Vorsch Power Suit can be good if we change the wording to "Your Assembly Limit for these actions is 1"
[7/24/2017 08:31:21] Chevee Dodd: That way, cards that boost assembly limit apply
[7/24/2017 08:33:20] Ignacy Trzewiczek: That's a very good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markos Mytilinakis
Greece
Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Random_Person wrote:
blasito wrote:

I re-worded that card as it wasn't quite powerful enough. Simply splitting your two cards between two different actions really didn't provide a "bonus". As most things cost 2+ cards, it mean that you could still only do 2 things every 2 rounds. Here's the conversation I had with Ignacy about it:

[7/24/2017 08:31:10] Chevee Dodd: Vorsch Power Suit can be good if we change the wording to "Your Assembly Limit for these actions is 1"
[7/24/2017 08:31:21] Chevee Dodd: That way, cards that boost assembly limit apply
[7/24/2017 08:33:20] Ignacy Trzewiczek: That's a very good idea.

It depends on your board. If you have 2 logistics planets that reduce the cost to buy by 2 credits then, in one turn you can trade and buy a card.

Also, you can prepare resources on two different rows. This helps a lot because you can manage your resource cards better.

In conclusion, I believe this card is powerful or not depending on your current situation on the board. I think it shouldn't get any bonuses from +1 assembly limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.