Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Declan
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking for a 2 player game to play against my 9 year old son. I have had Memoir 44 in mind for a while but recently added Star Wars X-Wind to the possibility list.

I would mostly play it against my son but would also possibly want to have him play with his cousin in 2 v 1 mode against me when we visit them.

So I have a couple of questions.
For anyone who has played both games how do they compare in terms of complexity or duration, is either of them noticeably longer or more complex?

Second, do either of them lend themselves well to a 2 v 1 format?

I have played Memoir 44 twice in a board game cafe but have never played X-Wing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian
Australia
North Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

X-Wing has two levels of complexity and is quicker to get started set up wise. The base game has one X-Wing and two Tie fighters so it is easier for 2v1 play. Duration for both is dependent on how complex a set up you use however for X-Wing you'd need more ships to make a longer game.

For me it would come down to whether your son preferred Star Wars over WWII. And of course, if finances allow, get both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.