Christian Lemay
Canada
Montréal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
When you do the Buy action, if you pay more than 5 c to have more choice, you have to announce it at once at the start of the action (eg I pay 7) or you can add 1 c after each card you draw if your are not satisfied?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to announce it before you draw, adding some risk/reward to your decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Comet wrote:
When you do the Buy action, if you pay more than 5 c to have more choice, you have to announce it at once at the start of the action (eg I pay 7) or you can add 1 c after each card you draw if your are not satisfied?

The top card of each deck is revealed, so there is no being disappointed. But to back up Jason, you do have to pay first, then draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:

The top card of each deck is revealed, so there is no being disappointed.

But if I already know that I don't want the top card, I can be disappoint if I also am not happy with the other cards I draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
jmathias wrote:

The top card of each deck is revealed, so there is no being disappointed.

But if I already know that I don't want the top card, I can be disappoint if I also am not happy with the other cards I draw.

Yup. But, that is only if you pay extra, if you didn't pay extra, you know exactly what you're getting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ackerman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is how I understood the rules, HOWEVER, there's a big issue with this. Since the operational side of each card is different it's a factor in whether not I want to buy it. As soon as I lift the card to see the other side, I know what the next card option is, thus negating the "decide before you commit extra when buying" rule.

Help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lin
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your reference card lists both sides for the Planet/Ship cards. As for the Tech cards... I guess have another player move the deck under the table then hand you the top card so you can see both sides?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Lin
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never mind, according to Portal Games you can't look at the operational side of the Tech card.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/27190060#27190060

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
DFuzzy1 wrote:
Never mind, according to Portal Games you can't look at the operational side of the Tech card.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/27190060#27190060

right, but if you dont like memory being an element, you need to do something.

one way would be to keep that deck upside down and put some card as a cover on top of the deck. always draw from the bottom. you can keep the bottom card (the actual top card) out of the deck and have both sides available for examinatio .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.