United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
The elves and other bits are coming up for preorder. Details here:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/11/26/blood-bowl-bl...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I assume the player cards will be similar to the blank gang cards for Necromunda. Which will be cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
Grodd1016 wrote:
I assume the player cards will be similar to the blank gang cards for Necromunda. Which will be cool

As someone who dutifully bought Deadzone 1 and 2, I am not happy about the annual concept. So probably 40-50 dollars to get a couple of white dwarf articles and or new content I am missing while the rest of the book is reprint. No thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eriochrome wrote:
Grodd1016 wrote:

As someone who dutifully bought Deadzone 1 and 2, I am not happy about the annual concept. So probably 40-50 dollars to get a couple of white dwarf articles and or new content I am missing while the rest of the book is reprint. No thanks.

Yeah, I think, for people who own season 1 and 2, it's probably not worth it. It's quite good for people just getting into the system though, as they can get up to speed with a single book. I don't really see it as any different to when comics combine the trade paperbacks into larger volumes. If they've put some exclusive stuff in there, beyond what they've published in White Dwarf, that would be a dirty trick.

I hadn't got around to purchasing season 2 yet, and I'm a sucker for hardback books, so I'll probably grab a copy. It does make one a bit wary about day one purchases going forwards though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
eriochrome wrote:
Grodd1016 wrote:

Yeah, I think, for people who own season 1 and 2, it's probably not worth it. It's quite good for people just getting into the system though, as they can get up to speed with a single book. I don't really see it as any different to when comics combine the trade paperbacks into larger volumes. If they've put some exclusive stuff in there, beyond what they've published in White Dwarf, that would be a dirty trick.

I hadn't got around to purchasing season 2 yet, and I'm a sucker for hardback books, so I'll probably grab a copy. It does make one a bit wary about day one purchases going forwards though...

I think there is no doubt there will be some new content. Probably going to have the Ref rules from White Dwarf, Ball Rules from White Dwarf, Winter and Underground Pitch rules from those pitches (I wonder if the elf pitch has some special fancy grass rules), add in the 2 special star players from Forge World and a sprinkle of something extra (a few additional stars maybe or something else wizards maybe).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason B
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eriochrome wrote:

I think there is no doubt there will be some new content. Probably going to have the Ref rules from White Dwarf, Ball Rules from White Dwarf, Winter and Underground Pitch rules from those pitches (I wonder if the elf pitch has some special fancy grass rules), add in the 2 special star players from Forge World and a sprinkle of something extra (a few additional stars maybe or something else wizards maybe).

They announced on the Blood Bowl facebook feed that the almanac would not include any content that had not already been published either in the DZ's or White Dwarf magazine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Jones
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grateful if anyone could tell me the issue numbers of White Dwarfs with additional content, and whether they're worth picking up. I have DZ 1 & 2 and don't want to spring for the almanac too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Edmonton911 wrote:
Grateful if anyone could tell me the issue numbers of White Dwarfs with additional content, and whether they're worth picking up. I have DZ 1 & 2 and don't want to spring for the almanac too.

These issues have new game content:

Jan 2017 - referees
Mar 2017 - special balls (warpstone, squig, etc.)
May 2017 - Black Gobbo and White Dwarf
Dec 2017 - Free random event card on cover plus rules for soulstone balls

There may be more, but that's all I can think of right now. Other issues had articles - stuff about how to run a league, and things like that - but no new rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Jones
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great - thanks Kevin. Really helpful.

Hmm. Not really interested in the Black Gobbo and White Dwarf rules, as I don't intend to buy the minis. Nor do I need the random event. Might pick up the ref rules and the special balls rules. Still, wish I'd known this was coming. I only picked up DZ2 a few weeks ago!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Spruce
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know what's on the other side of the double sided pitch/dugouts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Optix47 wrote:
Anyone know what's on the other side of the double sided pitch/dugouts?

Another pitch

The elf one is a green pitch on one side, and a winter version on the reverse. The dugouts match those themes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petra
Sweden
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea when the Almanac will be up for grabs? Or do I have to patiently check every day this week? laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paedra wrote:
Any idea when the Almanac will be up for grabs? Or do I have to patiently check every day this week? laugh

It's all preorder on Dec 2 (retail Dec 9).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
EastCoast wrote:
eriochrome wrote:

They announced on the Blood Bowl facebook feed that the almanac would not include any content that had not already been published either in the DZ's or White Dwarf magazine.

I did finally find that digging through all the comments. Still would be better just to compile the white dwarf stuff into the next season book. Maybe the elves can go back on the christmas list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Horton
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, the card packs are $25 a piece. I need to see what these actually contain before shelling out that much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Βραδύπους Ένα
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can we see the prices?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vradipous1 wrote:
Where can we see the prices?

In White Dwarf.

Elf team is £20, 25 Euros, $35
Almanac is £30, 40 Euros, $50
Card packs are £15, 20 Euros, $25
Elf pitch is £24, 31.50 Euros, $38
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChildeRoland wrote:
Wow, the card packs are $25 a piece. I need to see what these actually contain before shelling out that much.

Not sure on quantities, but you get reference cards for each position, reference cards for star players, blank cards to record your own players, and team-themed special play cards (which are still usable in any game).

Can't say I'm too excited by that.

Edit - by the way folks. The almanac is "the first in a series of annual volumes."

Worth knowing, I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. L. Lloyd
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
...as in my brain fails me at times.
badge
Thought Apparatus Games
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
ChildeRoland wrote:

Not sure on quantities, but you get reference cards for each position, reference cards for star players, blank cards to record your own players, and team-themed special play cards (which are still usable in any game).

Can't say I'm too excited by that.

Edit - by the way folks. The almanac is "the first in a series of annual volumes."

Worth knowing, I think.
Not enough to necessarily warrant the purchase but I really dig the red foul cards included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mojak
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

Worth knowing, I think.

Ok, now I just hope that the next almanac will not contain the same content as the first almanac, only extended by the next two DZ seasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
najpersklaka wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:

Worth knowing, I think.

Ok, now I just hope that the next almanac will not contain the same content as the first almanac only extended by the next two DZ seasons.

I can't imagine that's the intent (although obviously I don't know!); I think they'll just release one every Christmas to combine everything from that year. Nice hardback books make nice Christmas presents, so they're a pretty easy sell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan F
United States
Kaysville
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
What time on Saturdays do they usually put the pre-orders up? I'm only seeing Hobbit minis in the pre-order section.

(Edit: I'm seeing them if I select ship to UK, but not when selecting ship to US.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Horton
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
12:00pm in the Central Time Zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChildeRoland wrote:

The complete listings are on the website now. For example, the human card pack contains:

- Reference cards for Linemen, Throwers, Blitzers and Catchers;
- Reference cards for the following Star Players: Eldril Sidewinder, Lucien Swift, Valen Swift and Jordell Freshbreeze;
- The following blank cards that you can use to create your own players:10 Linemen, 4 Throwers, 4 Blitzers and 6 Catchers;
- A team roster card, with match record on the reverse;
- The following 5 Special Play Random Events cards: Enjoy your trip?, Ref's Favourite, Martial Training, Enforcer and Quick Thinking;
- The following 5 Special Play Miscellaneous Mayhem cards: Luckstone, The Phoenix, Keep it Moving, Technicality and Stubborn Determination;
- The most important card: a card explaining how to use the other cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan F
United States
Kaysville
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Are there plans to produce card packs for the Skaven and Dwarf teams?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.