Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
And if you never have, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can’t find the reason why the factories are on the edges of the board?

blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean the things that indicate where the bonus tiles go depending upon whether it's a one to two player or three to four player game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan O
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused. Do you mean the port tiles, and not factories? 'Factory' is used in the game to refer to pieces that produce processed goods from unprocessed goods, i.e. for bakeries, cheese dairies, and distilleries. Port tiles do go on the edges of the board (or at least nearby, in the case of solo and two-player games). Factories need not.

If your question is about the placement of port tiles, I would guess it's to encourage players to expand to other parts of the board. I suppose you could try your own variant by placing them elsewhere, which would be another way to add variability to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
And if you never have, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. C. DeMarco
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
raddar2213 wrote:
I'm confused. Do you mean the port tiles, and not factories? 'Factory' is used in the game to refer to pieces that produce processed goods from unprocessed goods, i.e. for bakeries, cheese dairies, and distilleries. Port tiles do go on the edges of the board (or at least nearby, in the case of solo and two-player games). Factories need not.

If your question is about the placement of port tiles, I would guess it's to encourage players to expand to other parts of the board. I suppose you could try your own variant by placing them elsewhere, which would be another way to add variability to the game.

I think the question is about the confusing green hexes near the ports that have pictures of factories on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fiddly_bits wrote:
raddar2213 wrote:

I think the question is about the confusing green hexes near the ports that have pictures of factories on them.

And I guess the reason that's importnt is because the space appears to be neither woodland, mountain or grassland. Can you expand/build there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.