Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whenever the monster has a target, it will stop, once its in attack range.
If something like a reaction on a hit location card tells you to full move, it will run over people, moving its full ampount of movement points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Futterer
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
Kingdom Death: Monster
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way: the Kings Man does not just turn around and attack. If the survivor is adjacent to him, the Kings Man will turn around, step one space backwards and then attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
FuttererJ wrote:
By the way: the Kings Man does not just turn around and attack. If the survivor is adjacent to him, the Kings Man will turn around, step one space backwards and then attack.

This.

Also, some definitions from core and expansions:
Full move: move your entire movement or until you touch a survivor/your target
Move in range: move to be able to hit your target from maximum range of your weapon. If you are already in range, you could move to get at maximum range allowed.
Move through: full move towards your target, but continue moving, colliding with it, until movement is fully spent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
KDM
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
t3clis wrote:
FuttererJ wrote:

This.

Also, some definitions from core and expansions:
Full move: move your entire movement or until you touch a survivor/your target
Move in range: move to be able to hit your target from maximum range of your weapon. If you are already in range, you could move to get at maximum range allowed.
Move through: full move towards your target, but continue moving, colliding with it, until movement is fully spent.

Are you sure about this? This would make the Diabolical Trait of a level 2 Antelope laughably easy, as she would target people but not move through them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Massuoli
Italy
Terni
Umbria
flag msg tools
Baby don't hurt me
badge
Sleepy Sloth
mbmbmbmbmb
Hyos wrote:

Are you sure about this? This would make the Diabolical Trait of a level 2 Antelope laughably easy, as she would target people but not move through them.

You sure you are reading the 1.5 updated Diabolical card? It was written exactly to specify this, because in 1.3 RAW the Diabolical antelope stopped right in front of you.

I probably overstepped in trying to include expansion concepts here, but basically Diabolical is exactly a 'move through' action, only it is still called 'full move, but pass over survivors' because 'move through' was not defined in core.

It's the same as the king's man attack, which is a 'move in range' action, since if it is adjacent to you, instead of attacking, it first moves one square away, then it attacks. It is not called 'move in range' because that concept was introduced in dragon king expansion, so it is defined as 'you attack from two squares away, you try to always stay two squares away'.

I can only guess about the reasons Adam decided not to use the terms he invented for this job in a later release (if I have to guess, it is because the expansions have not been updated, so if for example someone had to read DK book and find a redefinition of the same action in different words, they would be perplexed), but I thought using terms that were one-to-one with meanings would have been clearer.

Anyway, in the new Diabolical card you are explicitly instructed to finish your move and go through the survivors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.