Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spyridon Mpakas
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi guys...I own 2 core sets and I would like to ask for some help to build two equally strong decklists to play with my best friend....the gods i like a lot are Fujin, Shennong, Mars, Enlil and Hera...thanks a lot beforehand for helping me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morgan
United States
California
flag msg tools
What kind of deck style do you want to go with?

With those gods we can go multiple directions depending on the style you want to go with.

Let me know of a god you want to work with first and I'll help come up with a deck design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyridon Mpakas
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ok.....i would like Fujin and Shennong...if you could help me build decks from these 2 i would much appreciate it...i need to build 2 decks since i am the only one who owns the game and i need 2 nice decks to play with my friend...many thanks for your effort and time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morgan
United States
California
flag msg tools

“Survive” Sanctuary Deck
Deity-Shennong
3x Terracotta Warrior
2x Youthful Troll
1x Rubble
3x Caltrops
2x Unhinged Alchemist
3x Heal
2x Confiscation
2x Borderland Scout

2x Alchemist Cohort
2x Berserker Horde
2x Seasoned Architect
2x Golem Brigade
2x Legionary Fort
2x Regenerate
1x Waylay
2x Earthspring Rites
2x Consecrate
1x Stout Defense

1x Belisarius the Tactician
1x The Oracle
2x Palace Sphinx
2x Sanctuary Wyrm
2x Ishtar’s Harvest
1x The Parthenon
2x Divine Resurrection
2x Double Agent
1x Aspirant to the Throne
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyridon Mpakas
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
many thanks for the Shennong deck Chris...please send me a deck for Fujin too since i need 2 decks to play...i will give one to my friend
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kluwe
msg tools
I'll get one up for you tomorrow, it's the deck I'm currently running.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyridon Mpakas
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Chris you are the best...thanks a lot for all your efforts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kluwe
msg tools
"The Mythical Flying Obliterate Circus"

God - Fujin (you can also use Reader of Portents for a more offensively oriented mindset)

Tier 1 cards
Aether Rip (3)
Child of Anansi (3)
Choking Winds (2)
Harvest Faerie (3)
Hydra Nest (2)
Woodland Sylph (3)

Tier 2 Cards
Chaos Storm (3)
Dust Devil (3)
Fujin's Emissary (3)
Helm of Hades (1)
Lightning Wrath (2)
Mischievous Nymph (3)
Night Raid (3)
Pyrrhic Blast (2)

Tier 3 Cards
Cuchulainn (1)
Hercules (1)
Jinn of the Clouds (2)
Magi of the Deep Desert (3)
Mount Olympus (1)
Nemean Lion (2)
Plague of Locusts (1)
Swarming Horrors(1)
Temple of the Magi (1)
Vulcan's Wrath (1)

Deck playstyle - Early game put out Harvest Faerie and Woodland Sylph to attack, Child of Anansi and Hydra Nest to defend. Midgame revolves around mythical fleet creatures (generally Dust Devil) bolstered by Fujin's Emissary to put pressure on your opponent. Use Lightning Wrath and Night Raid to take out key creatures on the other side. Late game use either Magi of the Deep Desert to sustain (comboed with Hydra Nest is *really* good), or go full offensive with Hercules and Mount Olympus if you can get both out. Use Aether Rip and Pyrrhic Blast to trigger Requiem effects from your own Discard Stack (Fujin's Emmisary and Jinn of the Clouds for damage, Dust Devil for Restore). Don't be afraid to dump Jinns and Fujins into your Discard Stack via the Seize mechanic to set them up for a Pyrrhic Blast or Aether Rip later on. Fujin as your god means your Discard Stack is fairly safe from your opponent picking out your Requiem effects so long as you have enough other cards in there to burn out first. This deck doesn't rely on a ton of Manifesting, but cheating out a Chaos Storm with Choking Winds or Plague of Locusts with Hercules are both solid plays - just make sure you have the resources to support them (alternatively, trade Temple of the Magi when facing a Brown Restore deck to wipe out their Discard Stack before they can bring it all back).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyridon Mpakas
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Chris i am much obliged to you...can you also give me a hint please how the brown deck plays?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyridon Mpakas
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
would it be too much to ask, if i asked from you to give me a Hera and Mars deck as well? or if not Mars and Hera, any one god from Aggression and any one god from Negotiation (built from 2 core boxes of course)? I would like to teach my group here in Athens the different options of the game...only one store sells it in Athens but I see many people interested in your wonderful game Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morgan
United States
California
flag msg tools
For the Sanctuary deck, it is all about maintaining control as long as possible until you hit the late game. You want to utilize the powerful Restore mechanics to keep your self in the game. Take hits that would otherwise Slay your creatures to keep that valuable board presence going.

You want to set up the ultimate brick wall that is Legionary Fort and Golem Brigades to have a near unstoppable defense. You can perform early field clears as well with Unhinged Alchemist. To swing the field tempo into your control.

Late game use Double Agent to cheat out Palace Sphinx to throw off your opponents attacks and just grind it out until your opponent runs out of cards. Use Belisarius as your trump card in a stand off situation to deal the mortal blow to your opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morgan
United States
California
flag msg tools
Sure! We will come up with some deck lists for Negotiation and Aggression as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyridon Mpakas
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for everything Chris....you are really the best...i absolutely adore your game...excellent idea to explore the mythology of different civilizations....since i am greek i adore mythology and if you wanted i could give you a few pointers regarding our mythology...i am surprised you selected the latin name for God of War (Mars) instead of his real and original name (Aris)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kluwe
msg tools
So that was actually a deliberate decision since we already had Hera from the Greek pantheon, we decided to go with Mars to represent the Roman pantheon. We'll likely introduce Ares as a god at some point in the future after we've built out all the pantheons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyridon Mpakas
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
well i guess since the roman civilization was almost a copy of greek civilization you had a point to go with your decision...the roman pantheon is exactly the same as the greek pantheon just with different names
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morgan
United States
California
flag msg tools
The Aggression Style Deck

Tsovinar
Lessers-18
2x Greek Fire Hurler
2x Wandering Hermit
3x Flaming Arrows
1x Satchel Charges
2x Battlefield Duel
1x Martial Coup
2x Reflection of Ishtar
2x Sand Dune
1x Nomad Camp
2x Cauterize

Greaters-17
3x Assyrian Sphinx
2x Disintegrate
2x Night Raid
1x Burnt Offering
2x Ambush
3x Burning Salve
2x Anarchist Mob
2x Wildfires

Exalted-15
1x The Wild Hunt
1x The Manticore
1x Attila
2x Enraged Phoenix
2x Herald of Mars
1x Vulkan’s Wrath
1x Total War
1x Stonehenge
2x Cataphracts of the Sand
2x Legion of the Burning Fist
1x Stormchaser Oracle

With this deck you play on the tempo as much as you can until the late game. This deck is about building up until you can slam down with your powerhouse Exalted cards. Tsovinar combos with the Wild Hunt and Assyrian Sphinx to get either crippling damage with the Deathbound trigger of the Wild Hunt or to get a free Exalted Manifest with the Assyrian Sphinxes. Try to limit the self Damage and damage you receive if possible until you can pull of your Savagery combos. This deck will provide a decent early game control with nuke cards like Greek Fire Hurler, Disintegrate and Night Raid to keep the board clear early on. Once you hit late game, it becomes pretty hard to stop this deck unless you took too much early damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyridon Mpakas
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My friend Chris all I can say is I am much obliged to you....I really adore your very intuitive and smart game and I hope you will decide to expand it more in the future....I am a true supporter and I will follow it as far as it goes since it is absolutely amazing and anyhow it is the only card game I am supporting at the moment...I am waiting for the Negotiation deck too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyridon Mpakas
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
the only problem i see is the Night Raid card...since I have it 3X in the Fujin deck I can not have it 2X in the Aggression deck too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morgan
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thank you so much for the support. We loving working and playing ToTG and seeing someone like you Spyridon gives us that drive to keep creating.

For the Aggression deck you can substitute out the Night Raid for Bloodlusting Lamia. It is a solid beater card and it's Manifest works fairly close to Night Raid; less overall damage but more utility to your creatures.

I have not forgotten the Negotiation deck. I will get that to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyridon Mpakas
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thanks a lot Chris...I will test all your decks and let you know...I really like the idea in all your decks....i will continue supporting you because i consider your game a top level one....as far as i am concerned it has no flaws
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyridon Mpakas
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Please keep me informed if you make any expansions....I will be the first one to buy them if they sell them in Greece...if not, I will see where else I can find them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morgan
United States
California
flag msg tools
We will let you know when the next expansion is due to be released. Hopefully soon because the design team is excited to bring you new cards.

Here is the Negotiation deck.

Hera

Lessers- 18
3x Stoic Legionaries
2x Dragon’s Tooth
3x Poisoned Knife
2x Delphaic Vision
2x Conscription
2x Disentomb
1x Counter Plot
3x Rigged Trial

Greater-18
3x Shade of Thanatos
2x Beowulf's Progeny
1x Betrayer’s Gaol
2x Mob Justice
3x Betrayal
1x Vizier’s Prophecy
1x Bread and Circuses
2x Curfew
2x Hades’ Gift
1x Mislead

Exalted-14
1x Julian the Apostate
1x Loki in Exile
2x Disciple of Loki
2x Elusive Spymaster
2x Praetorian Guard
1x Emperor’s Decree
1x The Imperial Palace
2x Slaver Caravan
2x Malevolent Gorgon

This style of deck for Negotiation is what I like to call aggressive control. You want to be thoughtful on how you trade your cards to your opponent. Much of this deck relies on comboing off multiple Manifest triggers to obtain more effects then the sum of the card you played. It is all about knowing the cards you traded and making sure to Manifest chain off those cards to keep your opponent locked down.

An example being trading Rigged Trials, Poisoned Knives and Delphaic Visions. The Trials will keep your opponent out of Lesser creatures, while the Knifes and Visions allow you have a solid end point to your Manifest chains so you do not have to go toward your own side to Manifest. Avoid trading exhaust affect creatures; they will end your chain and typically do not produce results on your side.
Make sure you put down a couple creatures as well to apply constant pressure to your opponent. Your Manifest combos are meaningless if you cannot do real damage to your opponent so you need to apply that damage, no matter how small, to their Life Stack constantly. If you are fighting a Restore heavy deck or a combo deck with Discard manipulation then focus on removing those cards to keep the late game pressure on your side. If your opponent is trying to win via epic creatures at the Exalted level then apply as much damage as possible early on to keep their late game short. Negotiation does not have powerhouse creatures in the Exalted category in terms of Fight and Life compared to other Factions, so you want to keep your opponent on the back foot in order to secure a victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyridon Mpakas
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Many thanks Chris....i will play for sure your excellent game...try to keep in touch...i will send you through message my email to keep in touch with me there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.